Worst Draft In Bills History

Worst draft in Bills history? That's easy - 2015.

Seriously though, the 1982 draft was retched.

Perry Tuttle

WR

Clemson

Matt Kofler

QB

San Diego State

Eugene Marve

LB

Saginaw Valley

Van Williams

RB

Carson-Newman

DeWayne Chivers

TE

South Carolina

Gary Anderson

PK

Syracuse

Luc Tousignant

QB

Fairmont State

Dennis Edwards

DT

USC

Vic James

DB

Colorado

Frank Kalil

OG

Arizona

Tony Suber

DT

Gardner-Webb

Another one

Perry Tuttle went on to play 3 years for Buffalo, and just never realized his potential

Matt Kofler played 4 years in the NFL

Eugene Marve played 11 years in the NFL, 6 with Buffalo, 4 with Tampa, and one with SD. The guy was a good player until an injury...

Williams played 4 years in the NFL

Gary Anderson is the one that gets me as I think he purposely played as bad as he could in preseason for Buffalo, got cut and went on to play 23 years in the NFL. The thing is as soon as he became a free agent the Steelers cut their PKer, and signed Anderson.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most here have been putting forth defensible statistics to back up their respective selections for "Worst Draft in Bills History". I won't. I'm going to stick with 2002, simply because it was early in the era of those god-awful Titan-esque clown uniforms that Gregg Williams brought over. Talk about futility. I wince when I think back to the early part of the last decade. A bunch of nobodies wearing clown suits, getting creamed by everyone from the Pats* to Mount Saint Mary's Sisters of the Blind. Painful.

Agreed Greggo tore apart the # 2 defense in the league because his prior team was #1 and the clown suits, painful times...

Gary Anderson is the one that gets me as I think he purposely played as bad as he could in preseason for Buffalo, got cut and went on to play 23 years in the NFL. The thing is as soon as he became a free agent the Steelers cut their PKer, and signed Anderson.

If he stay with Bills, think he nails Norwood's kick in XXV? Only thing he doesn't have is a Lombardi Trophy.

If he stay with Bills, think he nails Norwood's kick in XXV? Only thing he doesn't have is a Lombardi Trophy.

Well he missed a shorter one that would have won the NFC championship and put Vikings in the Super Bowl when Cunningham was the QB. So I'm not about to annoint him as Mr Clutch

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Well he missed a shorter one that would have won the NFC championship and put Vikings in the Super Bowl when Cunningham was the QB. So I'm not about to annoint him as Mr Clutch

Good point, I forgot about that one.

Anyway:

I had visions of something bad happening yesterday when the refs gave their last good bye to the Bills by calling the penalty on that game winning short FG! Thank God it worked out... Boy were they doing everything to help the Bears. I know, I know it was an false start or something...