Other news

VABills

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darin i agree we should all hope the US can get out of this and restore order in Iraq but we will not help you (even if we SHOULD) , you went there in spite of our warnings you'll get out of it by yourselves!

221309[/snapback]

Were those warnings based on truly altruistic and realistic measures, or were the warnings not to go in as CYA, because Saddam would expose the double dealings by countries who were lobbying to ease the UN sanctions?

You will be here when the Oil for Food investigation is complete, right?

Of course Europe has done a masterful job of integrating its Muslim immigrants into the society at large. Europe has not turned into an easy weigh station for terrorist cells. It really is not a European problem at all. Let the Yanks sort it out.

Were those warnings based on truly altruistic and realistic measures, or were the warnings not to go in as CYA, because Saddam would expose the double dealings by countries who were lobbying to ease the UN sanctions? 

Of course Europe has done a masterful job of integrating its Muslim immigrants into the society at large.  Europe has not turned into an easy weigh station for terrorist cells.  It really is not a European problem at all.  Let the Yanks sort it out.

221746[/snapback]

Thanks for saving me the typing.

We wouldn't even BE A NATION if it wasn't for the French!!! WE'd be licking the boots of the English like my Scottish ancestors had to, and my French-Canadian ancestors had to!!! We owe them a large debt for saving us... calling them a has-been nation is not cool. Calling them blind, or ignorant of the facts, or salfish is one thing; but to deride their past is totally unfair! Why do you THINK the Statue of Liberty is there in New York??????? Come on now!

221667[/snapback]

Yes, well, I like to think that the last 50 years counts more than what happened 200+ years ago.

At least to me it does, and everything coming out of France has been a litany of anti-american posturing. From pulling out of NATO to telling us we couldn't fly-over via Libya, to Iraq. It's all the same. "Bad Yanks, Bad. We know better, we'll tell you what to do."

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Yes, well, I like to think that the last 50 years counts more than what happened 200+ years ago.

At least to me it does, and everything coming out of France has been a litany of anti-american posturing. From pulling out of NATO to telling us we couldn't fly-over via Libya, to Iraq. It's all the same. "Bad Yanks, Bad.  We know better, we'll tell you what to do."

221864[/snapback]

What does anti-American sentiment about the Iraqi war have to do with them being a has-been nation though? Like I said, you can deride them for their recent mistakes, but insulting their history is another... Everyone knows France is talking out their a$$ because they had their hand in the Saddam cookie jar, and they are trying to be a moral force when they can't even be one in their own COUNTRY.

All I am defending is the ideas behind these idiotic attacks that people make, talking shiite about the past, coming up with these childish French lists that have to do with history... Before 1870, France was the bomb.... now, it's weak and divided.

I say again.. BRING back the MONARCHY! That would solve the problem.

Down with the Republic!!! :lol:

well i can be a cultural snob! especially if my good old JSP from TBD call my country an afterthought!  but you know i'm not and you know that deep inside you like cheese, croissants and Jerry lewis too  JSP!

221653[/snapback]

You already know I love good cognac, French wine and a lot of French food.

That said, if the US had opened up reconstruction contracts to firms from countries that wouldn't participate in the coaltion, France would be there with bells on their toes.

Besides, you're in the Basque. You're a half assed Spaniard now.

I like Swiss Cheese best.  Croisssants are okay, but prefer a hearty bagel better.  I do like the Jerry Lewis from his younger days.  <_<

221660[/snapback]

VaBills i'm gonna be a cultural snob on this: i've lived on the swiss border for 2 years so i know quite a bit about their cheeses... this is some tasteless pasta . if you prefer swiss cheese compared with french cheese you do not really like cheese.

You already know I love good cognac, French wine and a lot of French food.

That said, if the US had opened up reconstruction contracts to firms from countries that wouldn't participate in the coaltion, France would be there with bells on their toes.

Besides, you're in the Basque. You're a half assed Spaniard now.

222183[/snapback]

he Bib, try to call one of my neighbors an half spaniard (or even an half frenchman) for fun... the basques have no humor with that kind of statement, no humor at all... !!!

Of course Europe has done a masterful job of integrating its Muslim immigrants into the society at large.  Europe has not turned into an easy weigh station for terrorist cells.  It really is not a European problem at all.  Let the Yanks sort it out.

221746[/snapback]

try to give us lessons right?!! we 're gonna listen to you , right!! like we are the ones lying to the world about some weapons just to invade a country full of oil...

What does anti-American sentiment about the Iraqi war have to do with them being a has-been nation though? Like I said, you can deride them for their recent mistakes, but insulting their history is another... Everyone knows France is talking out their a$$ because they had their hand in the Saddam cookie jar, and they are trying to be a moral force when they can't even be one in their own COUNTRY.

All I am defending is the ideas behind these idiotic attacks that people make, talking shiite about the past, coming up with these childish French lists that have to do with history... Before 1870, France was the bomb.... now, it's weak and divided.

I say again.. BRING back the MONARCHY! That would solve the problem.

Down with the Republic!!!  <_<

221973[/snapback]

i don't like kings that much, but the French republic sucks that's sure! but i think we really should solve the problem solving this whole country into Europe.

anywat VT fan, be careful with the cookie jar, as you can see the cookies in it may look nice , full of nice cheap oil but the jar likes to bite the hand into it...

VaBills i'm gonna be a cultural snob on this: i've lived on the swiss border for 2 years so i know quite a bit about their cheeses... this is some tasteless pasta . if you prefer swiss cheese compared with french cheese you do not really like cheese.

222484[/snapback]

Olivier, wrong. I love cheese. The problem is I like the harder varieties like swiss, sharp chedders, parms, etc...

I don't like the running bries which in my mind are very bland.

Each person has their own tastes.

Olivier, wrong.  I love cheese.  The problem is I like the harder varieties like swiss, sharp chedders, parms,  etc... 

I don't like the running bries which in my mind are very bland. 

Each person has their own tastes.

222502[/snapback]

your choice VaBIlls (not mine) but if you like those kinds try Basque Ossau-Iraty, or a good old Comté from the french Jura, and if you wanna stay swiss a real (hard to find in the sea of false ones) Gruyère or (even better) an Appenzeller.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
i don't like kings that much, but the French republic sucks that's sure! but i think we really should solve the problem solving this whole country into Europe.

anywat VT fan, be careful with the cookie jar, as you can see the cookies in it may look nice , full of nice cheap oil but the jar likes to bite the hand into it...

222489[/snapback]

Be careful, for if you have any investments in Iran, you might lose THOSE too :lol:

I had forgotten about the Saddam-France link I was going to prove to you...

Oil for Food was small potatoes compared to the Iraqi investments of France and Russia. The bellowing of Chirac rings hollow, I'm afraid Olivier...

Remember, don't let the extreme posters get you down.. there is plenty of room for debate in bewteen the character attacks! <_<

your choice VaBIlls (not mine) but if you like those kinds try Basque Ossau-Iraty, or a good old Comté from the french Jura, and if you wanna stay swiss a real (hard to find in the sea of false ones)  Gruyère or (even better) an Appenzeller.

222509[/snapback]

Thanks, I'll check them out. One of the things we do as family when we travel places is we pack cheese, crackers, rolls, various other tidbits for the drive, rather than stopping. We try different cheeses all the time, usually 3-4 per trip, just to see what we like and don't like.

Be careful, for if you have any investments in Iran, you might lose THOSE too :lol:

I had forgotten about the Saddam-France link I was going to prove to you...

Oil for Food was small potatoes compared to the Iraqi investments of France and Russia. The bellowing of Chirac rings hollow, I'm afraid Olivier...

Remember, don't let the extreme posters get you down.. there is plenty of room for debate in bewteen the character attacks!  <_<

222510[/snapback]

i don' t think there is much for frenchmen to lose in Iran...

for the Saddam and french issues i've heard many many rumors but not anything serious... the probes must be hidden in the same closet that the ones about the WMDs... and anyway Chirac has been reelected with everybody knowing he's a crook (with all he did when he was Paris' Mayor or with the crazy finances of his party) and i'm not really sure people care so i don't think he's worried about what can be found in those Iraqis closets... He's more concerned by his old friend Sarkozy who has yet started his campaign to take his place...

Thanks,  I'll check them out.  One of the things we do as family when we travel places is we pack cheese, crackers, rolls, various other tidbits for the drive, rather than stopping.  We try different cheeses all the time, usually 3-4 per trip, just to see what we like and don't like.

222512[/snapback]

well you know France is the country of the 500 kinds of cheeses, come visit me one of these days i have always some good ones for friends... and they're much better here than the ones we sent to the US, the FDA ask the producers to pasteurize them before sending them to America, and once pasteurized the cheese can not get better as it gets older like it normally does..

well you know France is the country of the 500 kinds of cheeses, come visit me one of these days i have always some good ones for friends... and they're much better here than the ones we sent to the US, the FDA ask the producers to pasteurize them before sending them to America, and once pasteurized the cheese can not get better as it gets older like it normally does..

222519[/snapback]

You know some day, I may take you up on that.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
i don' t think there is much for frenchmen to lose in Iran...

for the Saddam and french issues i've heard many many rumors but not anything serious... the probes must be hidden in the same closet that the ones about the WMDs...  and anyway Chirac has been reelected with everybody knowing he's a crook (with all he did when he was Paris' Mayor or with the crazy finances of his party) and i'm not really sure people care so i don't think he's worried about what can be found in those Iraqis closets...  He's more concerned by his old friend Sarkozy who has yet started his campaign to take his place...

222516[/snapback]

SOMEONE has a huge stake in Iran, whether it be contracts or exports... I would think that France and Russia have a lot invested there. I haven't researched it though... let me look into that. I know Turkey has contracts and trade, but I only see what is in the newspaper here...

I think Americans have gotten used to making fun of Chirac, and another face will give pause for analysis. To me, he seems arrogant because I have been following his opinions on the Imam scarf issue and the Turkey EU talks issue. He seems intent on using France's power to create a 'fluff power', to give France an apparent upper hand. It makes him look VERY arrogant and ignorant of how important working together is in the world... If he presses the Cyprus issue in the EU, he is endangering France severely!! His record is not lost on the Muslim world!