"shopping someone" Shouldn't it be shop 2?

eSJayDee

I'm thinking specifically about Urbik, but it could appeal to TJ Graham or many other cases.

The general consensus is that either Legursky or Urbik make the roster & the other gets cut. The Bills have a certain value they put on each of these players; wouldn't it make more sense to offer either of them & accept whichever offer is most appealing relative to each?

Unless they value one considerably higher than the other, ie they wouldn't part w/ Legursky for less than a 4th, whereas they've pretty much decided Urbik isn't worth more than a roll of tape & will be cutting him anyway. And the thing is, by doing this, they've (dramatically) lowered the trade value of that player.

Let me attempt to translate.

I believe when the OP states "it could appeal to TJ Graham or many other cases" he means "it could apply to..." Now we're getting somewhere.

It seems the OP believes the Bills are shopping only Urbik and/or TJ Graham and wonders why they aren't shopping a number of players and taking the appropriate offer for whoever another team will trade for. Like Ebay listings. OK, joking a bit.

Well, I'm sure the Bills will listen to any trade offer out there. But Urbik and Graham are perceived to, perhaps, have some trade value. Graham because he has world class speed--which teams seem to like. And Urbik because he was a starting G for awhile and teams need guard depth. While I think they would LOVE to trade Legursky for a bag of chips and perhaps a cold drink, the likelihood anyone would take him is low. Just because you read reports of Urbik and/or TJ Graham being shopped, don't think for a minute the Bills wouldn't be thrilled to get an offer for Legursky or some lesser player who looks to be getting the axe.

Edited by The Dean