I'd say the QB situation just about sums everything up

Rubes

I find it interesting that going into training camp and the preseason, many posters believed Thad Lewis was more than a competent backup QB (and a number who actually proclaimed he should be the starter) based on his performance last year - and, now, some of those very same posters find it incredulous that the front office could have had the same thoughts coming into this year....

First round picks are the most overrated method of acquiring talent in the NFL.........unless you need a QB. Then they are handy because you get an early shot at a position whose worth exceeds all others by a factor of 10 or more.

Last years team had plenty of talent to be in the playoffs. PLENTY. Yet out of the past 14 years of failure the roster only had Leodis, CJ Spiller and Dareus......and the ineffective EJ....to show for all of those first round picks.

If you can chew on that and still not understand how little impact a first round CB or RB has on your franchise then more power to you. Must be blissful. :thumbsup:

And we know that your method is such a wonderful idea that every team in the NFL employs it. Oh, wait...no NFL team has ever employed it...

First round picks are the most overrated method of acquiring talent in the NFL.........unless you need a QB. Then they are handy because you get an early shot at a position whose worth exceeds all others by a factor of 10 or more.

Last years team had plenty of talent to be in the playoffs. PLENTY. Yet out of the past 14 years of failure the roster only had Leodis, CJ Spiller and Dareus......and the ineffective EJ....to show for all of those first round picks.

If you can chew on that and still not understand how little impact a first round CB or RB has on your franchise then more power to you. Must be blissful. :thumbsup:

Yep. I think EJ has potential to be good, but they need another solid option.