If we go 2-14 and ave 30,000 atten.

No, as the Bills have already sold 45,000 season tickets 30,000 attendance would never be the official calculation of attendance. Even if the team played so poorly that 15,000 folks who already put down their cash are not drawn by a losing team, many attend the games for the soectacle and the tailgating which would still be there.

In the big picture the great bulk of the individual owners $ does not even come from game tickets and concessions but from the TV networks. This is the real market and as money talks this is the thing that calls the shots. The NFL and the networks are guaranteed that the record of NFL teams cumulatively will be .500.

Record does not make the big dfference, $ makes the big difference.

Its why this franchise is not likely to ever leave Buffalo. Given the choice between a Buffalo franchise and a Toronto framchise, the NFL clearly will choose both.

15 years of no playoffs is a pretty clear indicator that the NFL would not walk away from 40,000+ in sold season tickers, millions of $ in local commercials sold and millions of $ in corporate welfare from local govts as moving the franchise simply means walking away from hundreds of millions of $. Moving to a new franchise, even a larger one like Toronto of LA would see the lionshare of the money generated by the new franchise simply replacing the now abandoned Buffalo money and even the larger franchise only improves the bottomline marginally.

If this were true, why did the Browns move? They had a very loyal fan base just like Buffalo. I would be willing to bet if the NFL said build a new stadium Clevland would have. They built one awful quick once the team left to get the expansion team. Why not simply give Baltimore an expansion team.

And why the Colts?

I'm not sure Toronto would be a lock for an expansion team if they were awarding them next year. I think the proximity to Buffalo would be an issue the NFL would want to work through.

As discussed elsewhere ticket revenue is a small piece of the pie. You're already assuming Toronto would have the market to support a team. So why care about about some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL when there are more lucrative markets?

Most people thought the Bills would be leaving when Ralph died. Buffalo has been very fortunate on the timing of this with the presence of TPegs and others. I don't think the Bills are leaving but if not for the timing and a little luck they certainly could have.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Unfortunately, not high enough on this board. This Team could trip and fall into twice as many wins. 2 wins...Child Please!

If you really analyze it this thread is up there. The OP is projecting the Bills to have 1 of their lowest win totals ever (maybe their lowest in a 16 game schedule), refund every single game or group ticket that has been sold, drop 1/3 of their season tickets that have already been paid and move at the end of the year. That's pretty dumb in my book. My vote is to either close it or pin it. Edited by Kirby Jackson