Dameshek and Jeremiah talking Bills

Lothar

The last three Super Bowl winning quarterbacks:

2013: Russel Wilson

2012: Joe Flacco

2011: Eli Manning

None of whom fall into anyone's top 5 list, and I'm sure you could find plenty of top 10 lists that don't include any of them, either.

The growing sense is that the league is returning back to a ground and pound league.

Any reason you listed two QBs drafted in the first round, plus a once in decade freak of nature who, if 2" taller would have been a certain first round pick (and his play justifies a high selection?)

Any reason you listed two QBs drafted in the first round, plus a once in decade freak of nature who, if 2" taller would have been a certain first round pick (and his play justifies a high selection?)

If we're going to play the "if" game, then EJ is much more of a "once in a decade" freak than Russel Wilson.

I listed the last three Super Bowl winning QB's. Was your intent in listing their draft status to suggest they were more instrumental to their teams' success than asserted?

If we're going to play the "if" game, then EJ is much more of a "once in a decade" freak than Russel Wilson.

I listed the last three Super Bowl winning QB's. Was your intent in listing their draft status to suggest they were more instrumental to their teams' success than asserted?

Far more often than not, a team wins on the back of the QB, that's why it was correctly pointed out that Colts made the playoffs despite a relatively weak roster. When those teams won the SB, their QBs certainly played at a very high level. I don't think we need to go over that argument which has been beaten to death.

Interesting discussion between Dameshek and Jeremiah - essentially stating what we all know - that "you compare rosters across the league and the Bills look favorable on 21 of 22 positions". Also they've seen that we've got some rook wideout who might turn out ok.

http://davedameshek....ichael-fabiano/

To summarize the 7 minutes of discussion (it's the first segment of the podcast), if the ground game gets going and EJ can throw more than just quick slants, they like our chances.

Ground game is key on both sides, eh?

I share that concern as well.

Simply put the offensive scheme they utilized wasn't very successful at winning games as the offense had virtually no ball control, and couldn't stay on the field to finish drives often enough. I'm hoping the rookie coaching staff learned from last seasons mistakes. We will see soon enough, 3days, 18 hours.

Bills averaged 28:43 in TOP last season compared to 30:11 in Thomas Chandler Gailey's last season. They ran 442 running plays in 2012 and 546 last season. When you run the ball over 100 times more than the previous season and you also drop in TOP that's not a good thing. You can point to the run defense, you can point to the growing pains at QB (not just EJ), you can point to the coaching, but, whatever reason(s) you choose that's not a good stat.

Bills averaged 28:43 in TOP last season compared to 30:11 in Thomas Chandler Gailey's last season. They ran 442 running plays in 2012 and 546 last season. When you run the ball over 100 times more than the previous season and you also drop in TOP that's not a good thing. You can point to the run defense, you can point to the growing pains at QB (not just EJ), you can point to the coaching, but, whatever reason(s) you choose that's not a good stat.

The Bills had WAY too many 3-and-outs on offense. The good news is that they have talked about this repeatedly during the offseason practices and training camp as a focus. Become even average in that area, combined with a stronger run D, and I'd expect the TOP figure to improve.