Prediction time - 2014 NFL season

Which AFC team will take a significant step backward? (i.e. Houston from 12-4 in 2012 to 2-14 in 2013) Cincy

Which NFC team will take a significant step backward? (i.e. Atlanta from 13-3 in 2012 to 4-12 in 2013) Carolina

Which AFC team will take a significant step forward? (i.e. KC from 12-4 in 2012 to 11-5 in 2013) Buffalo. Who else?

Which NFC team will take a significant step forward? (i.e. Carolina from 7-9 in 2012 to 12-4 in 2013) tough question. I expect Arizona to leapfrog SF for a playoff spot, but they had a solid record in 2013

Offensive POY- Aaron Rodgers

Defensive POY- JJ Watt

Offensive ROY-Sammy

Defensive ROY- Clowney

Division Winners:

AFC East-Bills

AFC North- Steelers

AFC South- Indy

AFC West- Denver

NFC East- Eagles

NFC North- GBay

NFC South- N'awlins

NFC West-Seahawks

Superbowl matchup Eagles vs Denver

Superbowl winner Denver

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which AFC team will take a significant step backward? DENVER

Which NFC team will take a significant step backward? CAROLINA

Which AFC team will take a significant step forward? JACKSONVILLE

Which NFC team will take a significant step forward? ATLANTA

Offensive POY NICK FOLES

Defensive POY LUKE KUECHLY

Offensive ROY SAMMY WATKINS

Defensive ROY CJ MOSLEY

Division Winners:

AFC East NEW ENGLAND

AFC North PITTSBURGH

AFC South INDIANAPOLIS

AFC West KANSAS CITY

NFC East PHILADELPHIA

NFC North DETROIT

NFC South NEW ORLEANS

NFC West SAN FRANCISCO

Superbowl matchup INDIANAPOLIS vs SAN FRANCISCO

Superbowl winner SAN FRANCISCO

Which AFC team will take a significant step backward? (i.e. Houston from 12-4 in 2012 to 2-14 in 2013) Cincy

Which NFC team will take a significant step backward? (i.e. Atlanta from 13-3 in 2012 to 4-12 in 2013) Carolina

Which AFC team will take a significant step forward? (i.e. KC from 12-4 in 2012 to 11-5 in 2013) Buffalo. Who else?

Which NFC team will take a significant step forward? (i.e. Carolina from 7-9 in 2012 to 12-4 in 2013) tough question. I expect Arizona to leapfrog SF for a playoff spot, but they had a solid record in 2013

Offensive POY- Aaron Rodgers

Defensive POY- JJ Watt

Offensive ROY-Sammy

Defensive ROY- Clowney

Division Winners:

AFC East-Bills

AFC North- Steelers

AFC South- Indy

AFC West- Denver

NFC East- Eagles

NFC North- GBay

NFC South- N'awlins

NFC West-Seahawks

Superbowl matchup Eagles vs Denver

Superbowl winner Denver

Solid List; I could see Denver running away with the Lombardi trophy this year.

Which AFC team will take a significant step backward? DENVER

Which NFC team will take a significant step backward? CAROLINA

Which AFC team will take a significant step forward? JACKSONVILLE

Which NFC team will take a significant step forward? ATLANTA

Offensive POY NICK FOLES

Defensive POY LUKE KUECHLY

Offensive ROY SAMMY WATKINS

Defensive ROY CJ MOSLEY

Division Winners:

AFC East NEW ENGLAND

AFC North PITTSBURGH

AFC South INDIANAPOLIS

AFC West KANSAS CITY

NFC East PHILADELPHIA

NFC North DETROIT

NFC South NEW ORLEANS

NFC West SAN FRANCISCO

Superbowl matchup INDIANAPOLIS vs SAN FRANCISCO

Superbowl winner SAN FRANCISCO

I like that you recognize Jacksonville as taking a leap forward, they have added some good players.

Wow!

That's a curveball prediction.

I ended up flipping a coin between Phily and GB. I thought about one of Seattle, SF or even the Rams but I think they end up beating the crap out of each other simply to get into the show and are too tired come the playoffs. It'll be Pats or Denver in the AFC.

Not sure about Phily's D but that offense will be spectacular. Don't forget that, after a slow start, Phily finished the season going 9-2.

I ended up flipping a coin between Phily and GB. I thought about one of Seattle, SF or even the Rams but I think they end up beating the crap out of each other simply to get into the show and are too tired come the playoffs. It'll be Pats or Denver in the AFC.

Not sure about Phily's D but that offense will be spectacular. Don't forget that, after a slow start, Phily finished the season going 9-2.

No doubt that the Eagles are good, I just don't know if they are a Super Bowl team yet. But they do have a shot.

The Patriots are still contenders, but I think there are a few teams better than them in the AFC.

Believe me, I am wholly aware of how the Eagles finished their season.

There are a few question marks for Philly, IMO. One is whether Foles will be able to replicate the success he had. Sometimes QBs start out out hot, then the DCs figure them out once they have a good sample size of film, and they "regress" unless the QB can keep up with the film study and staying a step ahead of the defenses. With Chipster on his side, I'd say he has a good chance. But he isn't a "proven" commodity yet in my mind because he has had less than a season of good play to draw from. The other is the loss of DeSean Jackson. Yes, they added Sproles and Jordan Matthews looks good so far. But I am not sure they have a true, go-to #1 WR at this time. Maybe they don't need one, but replacing DJ is a question mark at this time. I am not sold on their defense, especially their secondary. I don't think their D is good enough to win them games if needed. Maybe it won't have to. They were in a bad division last year and won it by the skin of their teeth. I would not be surprised to see them win it again, but can also see it going the other way. Edited by YoloinOhio

There are a few question marks for Philly, IMO. One is whether Foles will be able to replicate the success he had. Sometimes QBs start out out hot, then the DCs figure them out once they have a good sample size of film, and they "regress" unless the QB can keep up with the film study and staying a step ahead of the defenses. With Chipster on his side, I'd say he has a good chance. But he isn't a "proven" commodity yet in my mind because he has had less than a season of good play to draw from. The other is the loss of DeSean Jackson. Yes, they added Sproles and Jordan Matthews looks good so far. But I am not sure they have a true, go-to #1 WR at this time. Maybe they don't need one, but replacing DJ is a question mark at this time. I am not sold on their defense, especially their secondary. I don't think their D is good enough to win them games if needed. Maybe it won't have to. They were in a bad division last year and won it by the skin of their teeth. I would not be surprised to see them win it again, but can also see it going the other way.

I could easily see the Eagles winning their division again. Chip Kelly needs to avoid that sophomore slump and Nick Foles has to play an entire season.

I think Foles will be fine and can turn into one of the better QB's in the league. The loss of Desean Jackson will only be mildly felt.

But you are correct that the Eagles defense is where the concern should be. They have talent, now they just have to put together a full game and perform better.

The Eagles are on the rise, but I don't think they are at a Super Bowl level just yet.

I could easily see the Eagles winning their division again. Chip Kelly needs to avoid that sophomore slump and Nick Foles has to play an entire season.

I think Foles will be fine and can turn into one of the better QB's in the league. The loss of Desean Jackson will only be mildly felt.

But you are correct that the Eagles defense is where the concern should be. They have talent, now they just have to put together a full game and perform better.

The Eagles are on the rise, but I don't think they are at a Super Bowl level just yet.

Good, that'll give the Bills time to win one before they have to face another NFC East team in the Superbowl.

Which AFC team will take a significant step backward? (i.e. Houston from 12-4 in 2012 to 2-14 in 2013) Broncos from 13-3 to 7-9

Which NFC team will take a significant step backward? (i.e. Atlanta from 13-3 in 2012 to 4-12 in 2013) Panthers from 12-4 to 6-10

Which AFC team will take a significant step forward? (i.e. KC from 12-4 in 2012 to 11-5 in 2013) Texans from 2-14 to 9-7

Which NFC team will take a significant step forward? (i.e. Carolina from 7-9 in 2012 to 12-4 in 2013) Packers 8-7-1 to 12-4

Offensive POY Drew Brees

Defensive POY Stephon Gilmore

Offensive ROY Carlos Hyde

Defensive ROY Preston Brown

Division Winners:

AFC East pats

AFC North Bengals

AFC South Colts

AFC West Chargers

NFC East Eagles

NFC North Packers

NFC South Saints