Training Camp Trip: Where to eat/drink/stay

Richardson's Canal House in Pittsford/Bushnell's Basin is excellent fine dining with a great historic atmosphere.

Yes but be prepared to drop some significant coin and you won't go there right from camp as it is at least business casual dress there.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this briefly upstream. The Aloha is now a hibachi place. Completely different than the old place!

I knew it was too good to be true. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're as old, or older than me (50), do you remember their house band back in the early eighties and before? The owner used to sing a rendition of "Tiny Bubbles" with them, and they would take requests. They were as old as the hills back then, and chain-smokers all. My friends, and I, drinking at 17 with our fake IDs, would get a hoot out of requesting "Tequila," because the sax player would get so out of breath that he could barely keep up.

Good times.

I knew it was too good to be true. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're as old, or older than me (50), do you remember their house band back in the early eighties and before? The owner used to sing a rendition of "Tiny Bubbles" with them, and they would take requests. They were as old as the hills back then, and chain-smokers all. My friends, and I, drinking at 17 with our fake IDs, would get a hoot out of requesting "Tequila," because the sax player would get so out of breath that he could barely keep up.

Good times.

Yeah, I mentioned the "Tiny Bubbles" owner too in my post!. I came to the U of R at 18 in '81.

Yeah, I mentioned the "Tiny Bubbles" owner too in my post!. I came to the U of R at 18 in '81.

That's really funny that we both mentioned the Aloha and Tiny Bubbles. That place rivaled any tiki bar in the country that I've ever been to-- and I've been to quite a few!