assuming rich gannon is healthy and can play

If Holcomb thinks that he is good enough to be an NFL starter, than god love him, but he is flat out awful

217518[/snapback]

Holcomb is NOT flat out awful. Anyone who puts up numbers in that offense while taking the beating required is decent. He has a good arm and makes good decisions, despite playing behind what's probably the NFL's worst OLine. That says nothing of the horrible William Green and 2nd rate receiving corp that Dennis Northcutt "leads".

Holcomb is NOT flat out awful.  Anyone who puts up numbers in that offense while taking the beating required is decent.  He has a good arm and makes good decisions, despite playing behind what's probably the NFL's worst OLine.  That says nothing of the horrible William Green and 2nd rate receiving corp that Dennis Northcutt "leads".

217521[/snapback]

Okay, maybe a little harsh, I am taken to sweeping generalizations at times. I just seem to remember him looking great as a backup, but once he was handed the starting job that belonged to Couch, he was not so great...I would still feel better with Bledsoe backing up Losman, than Kelly Holcomb, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Jeff George, Mark Brunell, Tony Banks, Jay "freakin'"Fiedler and all the other QB dreck that people are suggesting. The assumption seems to be that anyone would be better than Bledsoe. I agree, for his production, Bledsoe makes too much money. But, when he accepts the pay-cut (which I am predicting he will, if given the choice, and not cut out-right), I will be happy to have him on the 2005 roster. Apparently, few others will be....we could do much worse, and I think the true competition will be good for both Losman and Bledsoe.

Okay, maybe a little harsh, I am taken to sweeping generalizations at times.  I just seem to remember him looking great as a backup, but once he was handed the starting job that belonged to Couch, he was not so great...I would still feel better with Bledsoe backing up Losman, than Kelly Holcomb, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Jeff George, Mark Brunell, Tony Banks, Jay "freakin'"Fiedler and all the other QB dreck that people are suggesting.  The assumption seems to be that anyone would be better than Bledsoe.  I agree, for his production, Bledsoe makes too much money.  But, when he accepts the pay-cut (which I am predicting he will, if given the choice, and not cut out-right), I will be happy to have him on the 2005 roster. Apparently, few others will be....we could do much worse, and I think the true competition will be good for both Losman and Bledsoe.

217539[/snapback]

Holcomb and Gannon may be the exceptions in that group, though each have an injury situation to overcome.

We share our area with the Browns' fans so I see at least a third of their offensive plays. They may very well have the worst OLine of the modern era (the only exception being the expansion TB Bucs). It's unbelievable that Dwight Clark would build a team around a QB and not use ONE high pick on an OLineman.