ofiba

How good is Tom Brady  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How good is Tom Brady

• One of the best of all time
    • Great
    • Average QB made with a great system and set of coaches
    • Terrible

I would like your poll better if it said "above average."  Brady is a good QB, not an average one.

217074[/snapback]

I was going to put above average but it seemed that people either thought he was awful and only won because of coaching and luck, or they thought he was great.

He's an outstanding QB, clearly one of the top few in the NFL right now. To say that anyone is "one of the best ever" before he's even played four full seasons is ludicrous. Ask me again in ten years if he belongs in the 'best ever' group.

He's an outstanding QB, clearly one of the top few in the NFL right now.  To say that anyone is "one of the best ever" before he's even played four full seasons is ludicrous.  Ask me again in ten years if he belongs in the 'best ever' group.

217079[/snapback]

Exactly... reference : Kurt Warner

No player has better benefited from the brilliance of an offensive coach.

Charlie Weis is downright brilliant. He took Brady, wet behind the ears, and molded an offensive game plan around his very few skills.

He pre programs the first two possessions so that Brady needs to do little thinking and even less reacting. Weis adjusts at halftime so that his offense attacks the weaknesses that the other team shows in the first half. He is the real genius of the Pats.

To Brady's credit he has worked his ass off to improve his throwing skills. It remains to be seen if Weis' departure will have a serious and immediate effect on Brady next year. I think it will. It will manifest itself in a growing lack of confidence that Weis was responsible to impart to Brady. Belichicks lack of people skills will really begin to show up next year when Weis and Crennel move on.

Not a bad tradeoff for 2 or 3 Super Bowl rings.