Why are there eight (8) guards on the roster - depth chart

San-O

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Hairston as a player. I just have no faith that he can be healthy for a whole year.

Really this is why I'd be curious about the mystery injury. It was supposed to be a 2-3 week injury according to Chan and then missed over a year.... Was it a series of related issues that escalated with reinjury? Total misdiagnosis out of the gate? Found a chronic issue in rehab? Something that got infected in treatment somehow (did he have surgery?)?

He could be as sturdy as ever, or a real big question mark depending on the explanation. Im not sure if he qualifies as the dreaded "injury prone" or not from this last year

Did someone in this thread actually put Hairston at the top of the depth chart at RT? Really?

Yes. Me. Maybe another, but I'll stand up for my choice.

We're in the offseason. We're looking at what we have on the table and Hairston brings more to the table right now. It's all in theory. No pads are on, no practices in. He has talent and he has looked much better at times then worse.

I don't want to put Koujibimboito ahead of him, yet. I want that dude to earn it. I believe that he will get enough exposure to the NFL game running with the two's or threes for the first many weeks of practice and preseason. From my knowledge of him he is still a little rough around the edges and no rookie comes to the OL and gets the timing down pat right away. Letting him take step by step up the ladder in this fashion should not stunt his growth.

It also sucks because I really like Pears and see promise in him, too.

Yes. Me. Maybe another, but I'll stand up for my choice.

We're in the offseason. We're looking at what we have on the table and Hairston brings more to the table right now. It's all in theory. No pads are on, no practices in. He has talent and he has looked much better at times then worse.

I don't want to put Koujibimboito ahead of him, yet. I want that dude to earn it. I believe that he will get enough exposure to the NFL game running with the two's or threes for the first many weeks of practice and preseason. From my knowledge of him he is still a little rough around the edges and no rookie comes to the OL and gets the timing down pat right away. Letting him take step by step up the ladder in this fashion should not stunt his growth.

It also sucks because I really like Pears and see promise in him, too.

When you're trying to spell his name just think "Ko and Jo" its KOuANDJiO.