Cost of Watkins = Typical Media Bias against Buffalo

It's funny, every time I see Dalton I tell my friends he reminds me of that management book, "Good to Great" -- in it, the author says that Good is the enemy of Great --- that, to me is Dalton. He's not good enough to win a SuperBowl, but he's not bad enough to get waived -- so what does Cincy do ? --- if it were me, I would not pay him and I'd try and get a 1st for him in a trade --- --- I'm with you on the Bills roster -- I think there is one BIG question mark, QB ! --- a few small ones, Safety, depth at DE (which could be eliminated once we see Schwartz scheme) and TE. The draft and FA should have solved O-Line (LG and RT); WR; LB and CB ---

"Good to Great" is the perfect example for Dalton. He is good enough to get you to the playoffs, to probably secure big contracts but may not be good enough to cross the hump. I know I wouldn't want to be the one to commit that money to him.

Agree on the questions on the team too (but I do like Duke Williams).

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Good to Great" is the perfect example for Dalton. He is good enough to get you to the playoffs, to probably secure big contracts but may not be good enough to cross the hump. I know I wouldn't want to be the one to commit that money to him.

Agree on the questions on the team too (but I do like Duke Williams).

I was high on Duke when we drafted him, likes to hit, is aggressive -- I was surprised he barely sniffed the field last year, in spite of Byrd's looming contract issue and plantar fasciitis injury -- I am a bit perplexed if they are high on him why he didn't play more

I don't care about next year's draft as much as I care about this year's team. Bills were a handful of plays ( FO decisions) from being a winning team last year. Keeping EJ on his feet will make a big difference. Another year with the coaching regime, including a new QB coach, will certainly help. Having Watkins will also help. They have taken steps to improve the team, especially the running game with Spikes and moving Kiko to his natural position where he should do even better. I'm stoked. I'm glad they got Watkins.

I watched Clemson complete a bunch of passes, and I kept thinking it was Boyd. It was Watkins. all along. Watkins.

Fixed...

A few different decisions and its a completely different season. Perhaps even a playoff team, as the defense was top ten...almost good enough. Keeping EJ on his feet will make a huge difference, and the Bills drafted three O linemen. Maybe they will be good, and maybe not. Kouandjio should start at RT, and do a competent job. Its the fifth, and seventh rounders that are iffy. Having a solid line will mean that EJ will have the complete playbook at his disposal this season, and will be able to complete those five second developing deep passing plays.

Trading away Stevie the Bills lost that every down, "go to" guy that was always open. All we can do is hope Woods or others can take up the slack. It should be interesting to see if Bryce Brown is equal to what they gave Johnson away for.

A winning season would go a long way in helping keep this FO / coaching staff intact.

Edited by FeartheLosing