Ray of hope

justnzane

I'd rather lose Crennel than Mangini. Mangini has to end up getting a DC opportunity after the job he has done with their secondary. Crennel has been terrific but Mangini is a future star in the league and it would be great for the Pats if he could get his promotion in-house. I suspect Weis's shoes will be harder to fill - Saban grabbed Linehan already, and he was probably the top candidate.

The big thing for the Pats is that they will still have Pioli. As long as Belichick and Pioli are there, I think they will be able to find good assistants to support them. The OC is probably a bit of a question mark for them, but I don't think Belichick is going to have new assistants come in with completely new programs.

The big thing for the Pats is that they will still have Pioli.  As long as Belichick and Pioli are there, I think they will be able to find good assistants to support them.  The OC is probably a bit of a question mark for them, but I don't think Belichick is going to have new assistants come in with completely new programs.

216758[/snapback]

I agree - Pioli is more important than the coordinators, I think. I wish some team would swipe him.

I really, really hope that losing both coordinators will hurt the Pats but then again - I thought all the offensive line injuries would hurt the Pats last year and I thought not having a secondary or Seymour would hurt them this year. If the Pats go 12-4 or better next year, is there any doubt they are winning another Super Bowl?

If the Pats go 12-4 or better next year, is there any doubt they are winning another Super Bowl?

216788[/snapback]

I wouldn't bet against them. Seems the only way to keep them out of the Super Bowl is to keep them out of the playoffs.

I don't think the losses will hurt much.  From what I understand - BB let's his OC/DC game plan while he studies film for tendencies, etc...  BB then goes around to every player and gives him the 2-3 items that will make them successful that week.  THIS is where the separation from the rest of the league occurs.  BB's success in passing along useful bits of info that puts his players in a position to make plays.

216095[/snapback]

Did you notice that it was Bill B. that called over the defensive captain and talked to him before they stopped the Steelers on their 4th and one? He is the reason for their success.