Notebook questions: who has Dells, who has

stevestojan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have had quite a few brands of laptops in my time since I spent some time in Taiwan where they're made...Acer, Twinhead, Compaq, Toshiba and Sony Vaio...they all blew ass (Toshiba blew the least ass though)...however once I got my first Thinkpad, I haven't looked back...I've had the X24 and now the T42...they're perfect...exactly how a laptop should be...no hardware issues, completely reliable and they're tough...i've dropped both the X24 and T42 from about 5 feet up while they were on a few times and they never even hiccupped...with the X24, I had a wireless card sticking out of it that got bent at a 45 degree angle and it still worked like nothing happened...when my advisor dropped his Vaio and my fiance's dad dropped his Compaq and Vaio, their screen fizzled out and that was the end...

Thinkpads cost more, but you get what you pay for

the X series laptops are about 3 pounds i think

the T series are about 5 pounds each

I've never used their tech support since nothing has gone wrong and for software, I'm on my own anyway

I've never tried a Dell since I hit Thinkpad first but I've heard nothing but bad things about them