Was Manuel Whaley's choice or Nix's??

From the link:

[/font][/color]

Well, I knew you'd disagree but here's some assistance.

http://www.merriam-w...ary/collaborate

Perhaps a take that no one other than Whaley had any role whatsoever is ... wrong.

Never said nobody other than Whaley had a role. Indeed, I've been arguing the consensus building aspect of drafting players the entire time. Consensus building, by definition, is collaboration.

You see Whaley as giving himself an out when he assumes ownership of the Manuel selection. I don't see much. Nor do I buy into the notion that Whaley or anyone else associated with the team would throw Nix or anyone else under the bus if Manuel doesn't pan out as a quality QB. It's called being a professional.

Thanks for the definition though. It's reassuring to know your condescending attitude is as sharp as ever.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say, in all honesty, that I greatly admire the character and hard-working attitude that Manuel has displayed. Absolutely exemplary!! I'm completely in his corner and really, really, REALLY hope that he's our next franchise QB.

That being said, I'd really like to know from the Peanut Gallery whether you believe that Manuel was Whaley's choice or Nix's choice. Remember now that Nix was the Bills' GM and the guy who had the last say regarding whether to select Manuel last season in R1. Was Whaley trully on board with that decision?? After seeing Manuel suffer injury after injury last season and not make it through an entire season, could Whaley have some real concerns regarding manuel's durability??

Because if Whaley wasn't or isn't as enamored with Manuel as Nix was then he just might consider other options as they become available to him.............such as possibly the next B. Favre.

Does it matter? Manuel is here. You think they're goint to just cut him or make him second string?

Never said nobody other than Whaley had a role. Indeed, I've been arguing the consensus building aspect of drafting players the entire time. Consensus building, by definition, is collaboration.

You see Whaley as giving himself an out when he assumes ownership of the Manuel selection.

Well, you are 100% wrong here. I was never talking about Whaley "giving himself an out". What I was talking about is how other fans will characterize the decision down the road. In fact, I didn't even mention Whaley! With the ownership situation as it is, no one knows what the front office is going to look like down the road.

I don't see much. Nor do I buy into the notion that Whaley or anyone else associated with the team would throw Nix or anyone else under the bus if Manuel doesn't pan out as a quality QB. It's called being a professional.

Thanks for the definition though. It's reassuring to know your condescending attitude is as sharp as ever.

Turn about is fair play. Your condescending attitude has been noted by others as well.