Is Jim Kelly aware of this Phase III trial?

Multikine* (Leukocyte Interleukin, Injection) is an immunotherapeutic agent that is being tested in an open-label, randomized, controlled, global pivotal Phase III clinical trial as a potential first-line treatment for advanced primary head and neck cancer. If approved for use following completion of CEL-SCI's clinical development program for head and neck cancer, Multikine would be a different type of therapy in the fight against cancer; one that appears to have the potential to work with the body's natural immune system in the fight against tumors. CEL-SCI is aiming to complete enrollment of subjects to the Phase III head and neck cancer study by the end of 2015. The trial is expected to expand into a total of approximately 100 clinical centers in about 20 countries.

The company is Cel Sci and seems to be directly related to Jim's condition.

http://www.cel-sci.com/

Tim-

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is aiming to complete enrollment of subjects to the Phase III head and neck cancer study by the end of 2015.

The end of 2015 is not soon enough and the other problem with participating in a study vs getting specialized treatment, is that some people in the study have to be given the placebo and can't be getting other forms of treatment is not something I have any business talking about apparently.

Edited by BILLS_ROC

If he was smart he would have stayed away from radiation and chemo. You cannot fix a malfunction at the cellular level by nuking it or poisoning it. You can fix it by eating right, getting proper nutrients and destroy the cancer cells by taking in things that destroy it naturally. Black seed, chaga, turmeric(curcumin), TUDCA, vitamin D, tart cherry. Yes it works and much faster than most think.

How do I know? My father in law was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer and had grapefruit sized tumors in his prostate, colon and stomach. Following a cancer starving diet(ie, no sugar since cancer cell need this to survive), taking in nutritional supplements, and losing weight he dropped 85 lbs, lowered his cholesterol and blood pressure to the point the doctor took him off his medications for those, and in 4 months his grafefruit sized tumors disappeared, his PSA levels went below normal when they were many times normal levels and his bone cancer is less than 1/3 of what it was, and should disappear within another few months.

No chemo, no radiation, no traditional western medicine treatment. Diet, nutrition, exercise. That's how you defeat cancer, but they can't charge $45,000 for a bag of broccoli like they can chemo treatments.

True, just trying to do all I can bro..

Tim-

I hear ya Tim. I have often thought of how frustrating it must be to have a grim diagnosis, knowing that any one of the studies in process could turn things around. Knowing that most diseases will probably be cured someday and that you may just not facing the fight late enough in the evolution of human medicine would be tough to swallow. But then most scenarios where I empathize with those facing the end of their lives are...

If he was smart he would have stayed away from radiation and chemo. You cannot fix a malfunction at the cellular level by nuking it or poisoning it. You can fix it by eating right, getting proper nutrients and destroy the cancer cells by taking in things that destroy it naturally. Black seed, chaga, turmeric(curcumin), TUDCA, vitamin D, tart cherry. Yes it works and much faster than most think.

How do I know? My father in law was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer and had grapefruit sized tumors in his prostate, colon and stomach. Following a cancer starving diet(ie, no sugar since cancer cell need this to survive), taking in nutritional supplements, and losing weight he dropped 85 lbs, lowered his cholesterol and blood pressure to the point the doctor took him off his medications for those, and in 4 months his grafefruit sized tumors disappeared, his PSA levels went below normal when they were many times normal levels and his bone cancer is less than 1/3 of what it was, and should disappear within another few months.

No chemo, no radiation, no traditional western medicine treatment. Diet, nutrition, exercise. That's how you defeat cancer, but they can't charge $45,000 for a bag of broccoli like they can chemo treatments.

First, I'm glad he found something that worked for him. I think there are some that have died trying natural means, and there are probably some that have survived because of radiation and chemo. That aside, what was the source of this advice that your father in law followed? I am sure that if you look hard enough on the internet, someone will tell you that proximity to 'energy crystals' would be the best treatment for cancer, so how did your father in law search out this info, and where did he find it?

The end of 2015 is not soon enough and the other problem with participating in a study vs getting specialized treatment, is that some people in the study have to be given the placebo and can't be getting other forms of treatment. Big roll of the dice.

"Most" cancer drug trials do not involve placebo only arms of the study. They involve adding a 'new' therapy to the current standard of care and compare that to the standard of care plus placebo. Either way, the patient receives (at least) the current standard of care. If no current treatment has shown to be effective, you'd be more likely to see a placebo versus drug trial. This is rare.

Most areas of medicine do utilize placebo versus standard of care. Oncology, for obvious reasons, often has a different approach.

"Most" cancer drug trials do not involve placebo only arms of the study. They involve adding a 'new' therapy to the current standard of care and compare that to the standard of care plus placebo. Either way, the patient receives (at least) the current standard of care. If no current treatment has shown to be effective, you'd be more likely to see a placebo versus drug trial. This is rare.

Most areas of medicine do utilize placebo versus standard of care. Oncology, for obvious reasons, often has a different approach.

Thank you for the clarification. I apologize for contributing to the litter of mis-information strewn along the information superhighway! I've stricken said garbage from my original post.

Edited by BILLS_ROC

I hear ya Tim. I have often thought of how frustrating it must be to have a grim diagnosis, knowing that any one of the studies in process could turn things around. Knowing that most diseases will probably be cured someday and that you may just not facing the fight late enough in the evolution of human medicine would be tough to swallow. But then most scenarios where I empathize with those facing the end of their lives are...

First, I'm glad he found something that worked for him. I think there are some that have died trying natural means, and there are probably some that have survived because of radiation and chemo. That aside, what was the source of this advice that your father in law followed? I am sure that if you look hard enough on the internet, someone will tell you that proximity to 'energy crystals' would be the best treatment for cancer, so how did your father in law search out this info, and where did he find it?

Thank God his doctor was a believer in treating things naturally...

And yes, some may have died doing it naturally but its no different than anything else, nothing is going to work 100% of the time---perhaps it was too late or too serious, etc.

And yes chemo and radiation does help sometimes. It helps the drug companies make more money because it does nothing to fix the underlying cause of why cancer started in the first place and is highly cancer causing itself. So the cancer will usually come back more aggressive and faster spreading than before, just like it did in Jim's case.

Cancer is not a disease. It's a malfunctioning of cells in the body, usually caused by long periods of unhealthiness. Fix the malfunctioning, fix the cells, they will never find a cure because you make no money on eating healthy, supplementing healthy and exercising.

And yes, some may have died doing it naturally but its no different than anything else, nothing is going to work 100% of the time---perhaps it was too late or too serious, etc.

And yes chemo and radiation does help sometimes. It helps the drug companies make more money because it does nothing to fix the underlying cause of why cancer started in the first place and is highly cancer causing itself. So the cancer will usually come back more aggressive and faster spreading than before, just like it did in Jim's case.

Cancer is not a disease. It's a malfunctioning of cells in the body, usually caused by long periods of unhealthiness. Fix the malfunctioning, fix the cells, they will never find a cure because you make no money on eating healthy, supplementing healthy and exercising.

Which med school did you attend?

So the cancer will usually come back more aggressive and faster spreading than before, just like it did in Jim's case.

I think in Jim's case he had surgery at first, and only recently started radiation and chemo after it came back already spreading aggressively, but I follow you.

make no money on eating healthy, supplementing healthy and exercising.

Companies are definitely making money on supplements, maybe not radiation treatment levels of money, but that stuff is not without serious margin.

Which med school did you attend?

Oh boy...

I gave you your instructions in the dressing room.

Remember protect yourself at all times and above all

Obey the rules of TBD at all times

Touch Em UP / Good Luck/ Buenas Suerte

"DING DING"

Here's where you learn about the whole conspiracy that is modern medicine.

Edited by BILLS_ROC

That's great that your father-in-law did well. But I wouldn't go around spouting this around as fact, because you'll kill people. Truth is, things happen in medicine all the time that don't fit the "order." It's just like luck. "I knew a guy who won the lottery, you don't need to get a job."

So medically, I'm gonna say no to all of this. Good that it worked, try it if it'll make you feel better, but don't go saying you don't need other cancer treatments.

Oh boy, you really know nothing. Explain to me how eating supplements, pushed by natural food quacks just like big pharmaceuticals, reactivate your P53 tumor suppression genes. Or how about how they deactivate faulty oncogenes? Or how they deactivate telomerases?

Edited by FireChan

That's great that your father-in-law did well. But I wouldn't go around spouting this around as fact, because you'll kill people. Truth is, things happen in medicine all the time that don't fit the "order." It's just like luck. "I knew a guy who won the lottery, you don't need to get a job."

So medically, I'm gonna say no to all of this. Good that it worked, try it if it'll make you feel better, but don't go saying you don't need other cancer treatments.

The easiest way is to just live healthy and not get it in the first place. As for killing people, they do that plenty good enough with their normal treatments now.

As usual too many people would rather believe what their told by people/companies with vested interests rather than take responsibility for their own health. I refuse to be a lemming running over the cliff. Probably got that from my parents who are health fanatics as well. Funny how one is almost 80 now, the other 70, and none have ever been hospitalized, had surgery or on any medications and are much healthier than most people many years younger than them according to their doctors. Keep telling yourself its coincidence, I'll keep living prescription free for life.

I guess ignoring clinical trials showing naturally ways work as well or better as drugs with no side effects other than good ones is still the way to go tho...

Edited by matter2003

Bills Fan MD, thank you for clarifying, as I'm in medicine as well. For the other poster Matter, I'm very happy for you your dad survived. I lost my mom to cancer so I understand the loss you were spared.

Your points are reckless and doctors would not continue treatment options to help line pharma companies pockets. I've worked in medicine for over 15 years, and that is not how it works. Yes, medical companies whether devices or pharma, biotech, make money off the products they sell, just like Firestone, and Toyota makes money off tires and cars.

Chemo and Radiation can help, as well as surgery, but you are absolutely correct to eat right, exercise, refrain from smoking and drinking is very healthy for you. Alone though in advanced cancers will kill someone.

You basically present a case study with an N of 1. The key is to do what is needed for each patient. Your comments on lifestyle should be paramount. No argument. Then with Jim's cancer and others there are multiple options to help someone, and I am not an Oncologist, but have worked with some of the best.

Oh boy, you really know nothing. Explain to me how eating supplements, pushed by natural food quacks just like big pharmaceuticals, reactivate your P53 tumor suppression genes. Or how about how they deactivate faulty oncogenes? Or how they deactivate telomerases?

Simple. By changing gene expression. Do some research and get back to me. Lack of Vitamin D has been shown to be the root cause in an estimated 65,000+ cases of cancer a year, and over exposure to sun the cause of 8,000 cases.

Yet an almost vampire like fear of the sun and sun screen is pushed on people, and what gives you a higher chance of getting cancer?? Who does it benefit? You or Big Pharma?

Don't read the research the AMA would like you to read, look at the research that gets done and doesn't always get published since it doesn't fit their agenda of legalized drug pushing. Stop being spoon fed and take control of your own body and life.

There is plenty of clinical data showing multiple pathways of suppression against cancer cells for natural substances do some research, its easy to find. Start by googling TUDCA, Black Seed, Zinc and Vitamin D with gene expression added to each of those and be prepared to do a lot of reading.

What we put or don't put into our bodies on a daily basis has substantial effects on the expression of genes and potentially more importantly our gut microflora which controls our the vast majority of our immune system.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my Mom was a medical researcher who worked at Roswell Park Cancer Institute and HWI for over 50 years,but I guess she doesn't know anything either. Read some medical journals, you'll probably see her name in there as an author.

Edited by matter2003

The easiest way is to just live healthy and not get it in the first place. As for killing people, they do that plenty good enough with their normal treatments now.

As usual too many people would rather believe what their told by people/companies with vested interests rather than take responsibility for their own health. I refuse to be a lemming running over the cliff. Probably got that from my parents who are health fanatics as well. Funny how one is almost 80 now, the other 70, and none have ever been hospitalized, had surgery or on any medications and are much healthier than most people many years younger than them according to their doctors. Keep telling yourself its coincidence, I'll keep living prescription free for life.

I guess ignoring clinical trials showing naturally ways work as well or better as drugs with no side effects other than good ones is still the way to go tho...

Show me these clinical trials that say they work better than chemo and radiation. And not just one. I bet you can't, because they ignore fundamental scientific principles.

I don't care if they worked for you or your grandpappy or great aunt Sue. That has not, not ever will be, the criteria for science. It's immoral and irresponsible for you to dispense your coincidences as fact, and you should seriously stop.

Simple. By changing gene expression. Do some research and get back to me. Lack of Vitamin D has been shown to be the root cause in an estimated 65,000+ cases of cancer a year, and over exposure to sun the cause of 8,000 cases.

Yet an almost vampire like fear of the sun and sun screen is pushed on people, and what gives you a higher chance of getting cancer?? Who does it benefit? You or Big Pharma?

Don't read the research the AMA would like you to read, look at the research that gets done and doesn't always get published since it doesn't fit their agenda of legalized drug pushing. Stop being spoon fed and take control of your own body and life.

There is plenty of clinical data showing multiple pathways of suppression against cancer cells for natural substances do some research, its easy to find. Start by googling TUDCA, Black Seed, Zinc and Vitamin D with gene expression added to each of those and be prepared to do a lot of reading.

You can't be !@#$ing serious. Google? That's where your data is? How do they change gene expression? Don't tell me they do, explain it.

Lack of Vitamin D has been shown to be the root cause in an estimated 65,000+ cases of cancer a year, and over exposure to sun the cause of 8,000 cases. -citation needed

Because if there is one thing you should believe in, it's clinical trials rejected by scientific peers.

Edited by FireChan

Show me these clinical trials that say they work better than chemo and radiation. And not just one. I bet you can't, because they ignore fundamental scientific principles.

I don't care if they worked for you or your grandpappy or great aunt Sue. That has not, not ever will be, the criteria for science. It's immoral and irresponsible for you to dispense your coincidences as fact, and you should seriously stop.

You can't be !@#$ing serious. Google? That's where your data is? How do they change gene exp<b></b>ression? Don't tell me they do, explain it.

Lack of Vitamin D has been shown to be the root cause in an estimated 65,000+ cases of cancer a year, and over exposure to sun the cause of 8,000 cases. -citation needed

Because if there is one thing you should believe in, it's clinical trials rejected by scientific peers.

Yeah right to the online medical journals and articles published in them. Didn't know they existed online I guess? Or let me guess...those are fake too, lol...

Go be on drugs the rest of your life bro, I could care less. I'm responsible for me and my family and they won't be, cause they won't need to be.

You can't be !@#$ing serious. Google? That's where your data is? How do they change gene exp<b></b>ression? Don't tell me they do, explain it.

Yeah, well, based on what I know about the FDA, AMA and Big Pharma I don't put much stock in what they push. Their goal is to get you on drugs as early as possibly in life(see ADHD) and keep going from there.

First, you need to understand what gene expression is or thus entire conversation is pointless. Do you know what gene expression is? If not read up on it and let me know when you understand it well enough to have an intelligent conversation about it. If you do know about it, then you know that there are lots of things that change our bodies hormones and gene expressions. Some change it positively, some are negatively. So by saying to eat foods and take things that change it positively via multiple pathways versus what most people do, which is change in negatively via virtually all pathways, that has no effect on your health? You can't be serious bro. You work for Big Pharma? Lol

Edited by matter2003

Yeah right to the online medical journals and articles published in them. Didn't know they existed online I guess? Or let me guess...those are fake too, lol...

Go be on drugs the rest of your life bro, I could care less. I'm responsible for me and my family and they won't be, cause they won't need to be.

So you can't link them, huh? I guess the "I don't even care bro" card gets played once you realize you have no scientific backing?

And coming from the guy who said "If he was smart he would have stayed away from radiation and chemo. You cannot fix a malfunction at the cellular level by nuking it or poisoning it. You can fix it by eating right, getting proper nutrients and destroy the cancer cells by taking in things that destroy it naturally. Black seed, chaga, turmeric(curcumin), TUDCA, vitamin D, tart cherry. Yes it works and much faster than most think," it sounds like you do care about "getting the word out" about those evil pharmaceutical companies.

EDIT: It's also I couldn't care less. Shocker of the century.

Edited by FireChan

So you can't link them, huh? I guess the "I don't even care bro" card gets played once you realize you have no scientific backing?

And coming from the guy who said "If he was smart he would have stayed away from radiation and chemo. You cannot fix a malfunction at the cellular level by nuking it or poisoning it. You can fix it by eating right, getting proper nutrients and destroy the cancer cells by taking in things that destroy it naturally. Black seed, chaga, turmeric(curcumin), TUDCA, vitamin D, tart cherry. Yes it works and much faster than most think," it sounds like you do care about "getting the word out" about those evil pharmaceutical companies.

EDIT: It's also I couldn't care less. Shocker of the century.

Oh I have plenty of backing, but instead of arguing with me why don't you stop asking to be spoon fed like the drug companies do for you, and go learn something by doing your own research. I read five or six articles/journals a day most days on a wide variety of topics.

The information is freely available and easy to find. Use google and google exactly what I told you, you'll find plenty of articles and discussions in medical journals and studies that were done.

While you are at it you can read about how Berberine performs as well as or better than Metformin in diabetics and how Mucuna Pruriens outperforms L Dopa in people with Parkinson's Disease as well...no different in any other condition. It's always funny because when they find these things out its always because of "an unknown mechanism" as to why they work better. In reality its simple. The body always prefers natural substances versus synthetic

Edited by matter2003

This all reminds me of the moronic arguments against vaccinations. Hordes of people flocked to the side of vaccinations causing autism, and became very vocal about it, so much so that they persuaded some not to vaccinate their kids. Then every one of the original people backing that faulty study withdrew their support of its conclusions except for the guy who came up with the study, who lost his license to practice medicine.

Eat right and exercise for sure, but no reason to avoid medicine if you have cancer, but even if you choose that path don't preach to others. It always seems that the scientific studies backing up the claims of supplement curing things are always 'out there somewhere' but nobody ever has a legitimate citation to a legitimate study.

This all reminds me of the moronic arguments against vaccinations. Hordes of people flocked to the side of vaccinations causing autism, and became very vocal about it, so much so that they persuaded some not to vaccinate their kids. Then every one of the original people backing that faulty study withdrew their support of its conclusions except for the guy who came up with the study, who lost his license to practice medicine.

Eat right and exercise for sure, but no reason to avoid medicine if you have cancer, but even if you choose that path don't preach to others. It always seems that the scientific studies backing up the claims of supplement curing things are always 'out there somewhere' but nobody ever has a legitimate citation to a legitimate study.

Lol, yeah it is out there and easy enough to find. I find it funny how people who can easily find the information themselves keep asking for it. You want it, go find it. Google is your friend. I'm not the hired help.

I guess Sweden and France had no reason to stop vaccinations then, and the UN has no reason to ban the preservative the US loves putting in there then. Why would the US fight so hard against the UN banning it?

Edited by matter2003