BPA vs. Need in a deep draft.

I think that was true in the middle of the season... but the Patriots ran at will in the final game. That might partly have been people not playing at 100% in that game, but it was definitely the case that we were too easy to run on. There were some stellar games against the run in the middle of the season where it did feel like teams never got more than a couple of yards, but then a missed assignment would result in a big one.

Duh, how'd I forget that game. :doh:

Good morning Bills fans! Been mulling this over and came to the conclusion that this year needs to be about addressing deficiencies, regardless of the argument, because it is a deep draft. Shocker...right?

This conclusion lead to some thinking on the most apparent deficiencies, the RUN D.

Though we've made a few moves to address this issue (extending Branch, moving Kiko, Spikes) I don't billieve that it's enough. We're missing the most important piece, a dominant DT. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan of Dareus and Williams, but they're obviously not the answer with plugging up the line and covering our LB's. They both provide great pressure on passing downs and get good penetration, but their strengths are too similar. We have to be able to mix them up with a true, bigger bodied run stuffer.

All of tis has made me rethink my draft strategy. Even though I am of the school of thought that the game is won @ the LOS, I kinda got carried away with Ebron and/or Evans. Again, the draft is deep @ TE an WR and OT, but not so much @ DT. That being said, there aren't any DT's rated in t top 10, so it further adds to possibility of trading back n picking up extra selections.

So, I reprioritized my draft..

Trade back out of #9 and pick up an extra 2nd, then;

Rd 1 - Louis Nix III

2a - Morgan Moses

2b - Donte Moncrief

3 - Troy Niklas

4 - Jon Halapio

5 - Storm Johnson

7 - Andrew Jackson

\

If you want to trade down, then pick up Donald. He reminds me of Watts.

our run defense problems were mainly at linebacker and safety- take a wrong angle or fill the wrong gap and we got chunked

Respectfully disagree...your run D starts up front. DT's taking up blockers, double teams covering the LB's. MD and KW are gap shooters and attackers, not 2 gappers.

If we're picking by need, where's our QB pick?

In California working out with a QB coach, Spiller, Gragg and Barden last I saw

I think lawson sees time at DE on obvious running downs the dude was a beast at holding the edge vs TE and tackles on running plays from LB last year no reason to think he can't do the same from the position he played at nc state

I like him lots as a player. Never understood his journeyman career.