Ran by this on kffl. idea for a 3rd wr

Texans | Bradford an Unrestricted Free Agent - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:12:55 -0800

Houston Texans WR Corey Bradford is an unrestricted free agent, according to Carter Toole of HoustonTexans.com.

2002 Houston 16 45 697 43.6 15.5 81 4.7 24 6

2003 Houston 16 24 460 28.8 19.2 78 9.9 16 4

2004 Houston 15 27 399 26.6 14.8 47 3.3 20 3

He started this past season as the texans #2 wideout but lost it because of injury to an emerging Jabar Gaffney. I think Bradford would come cheap and upgrade a need for a #3 wr, and could be relied upon more so than a Josh Reed or Sam Aiken to step into the #2 role if moulds or evans happens to go down to injury.

I still like Josh Reed, go ahead call me an idiot if you want, I think he can still be a valuable asset to the team. Sam Aiken has done very little to impress me. Now if the Bills feel they need to upgrade in WR depth, I would not be upset Corey Bradford.

you don't like aiken?

214987[/snapback]

I like aiken, He's shown some flashes, and hopefully he'll continue to improve over the offseason and get better, with that said however, I think we have a weakness at wr outside of moulds/evans, and I would like to see a dependable wr brought in. I don't want the indy colts offense, just a reliable wr, who we can look to move the chains if moulds and evans are covered. Josh Reed the past two years hasn't shown to be this guy, and maybe aiken is, but in the meantime a corey bradford certainly wouldn't hurt