Thad Lewis compared to Backups around the league

Well seeing as we were discussing the "ability" of Thad vs. EJ in which bandit stated "the difference is quite evident." Did Thad not have any major league throws last season? I believe he had as many, or enough to be comparable to EJ. Combined with Thad's ability to throw deep, where EJ has failed NUMEROUS times, I fail to see the "evident difference".

How can any poster say they are the same in performance, yet different in ability? Is EJ "able" to perform better but can't?

They achieved similar results, but EJ's performance was better. Much better in my view. Other than the "long ball", EJ made throws that Lewis can't even see the field to make. I can't help it if you aren't able to see these throws, let alone appreciate them. So yes, EJ is "able" to perform better and he did. His biggest issue was having his development stunted by missing time due to injury. I don't believe the results would have been similar if that weren't the case.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mainly because our own GM said that it takes 16 starts to judge a QB. EJ-10 Thad-6. We still have some games. Both guys had some bad fumbles, and to many bad decisions. I just like how Thad plays. He got rid of the ball quick when he was playing well.

EJ. Man, perfect physical candidate. I just don't see a killer instinct. His best plays seem to on dump offs, after scanung the whole field.

You should re-watch the games because this is far from being correct.

would you possibly change the statement to say or at least mean:

Thad Lewis may be the better football player in the NFL today but Manuel is the better QB and has a much higher ceiling while Lewis has likely reached or nearly reached his peak.

Edit: That's at least how I see it and I am curious to know if anyone has the same feeling?

That's my reaction too. Thad might, maybe, beat out EJ in an open contest last season. With an offseason of watching tape instead of prepping for the combine and having a QB coach who doesn't also have to split duties gameplanning for the entire offense, I have a feeling EJ pulls ahead.

That said, I like Thad as a backup. I don't think that he's going to win games for you, but I also think that he isn't going to lose them for by throwing a pick 6 on the opponent's goal line *cough*Tuel*cough*.