NFL personnel WR/TE Draft take

Seems a few people are not so high on the TE class this year. My favorite part Ebron - Big pain in the butt and Seferian-Jenkins - Even bigger pain in the butt haha.

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2014/03/eckel_three_men_love_nfl_draft.html

Huge love for the WRs in this draft class. I still think Ebrons will go Top 15 but other TEs may drop some.

I think this is all the more reason to look at another position besides WR/TE in the first.

WR depth is there to pick up talent in the second or later and if by some miracle we do trade down successfully I'd take the flier on ASJ. I think he will be taken by the third round. There has been too many people mentioning his name to let him slip.

If Benjamin is there in the 2nd and the Bills draft him then ASJ in the third I would be floored. At 9 we just go BPA. Heck, I'd get Benjamin even if we got Evans in the first.

Look at who Ebron signed to represent him. You know this kid is going to be all about the money. Evans in the first, or Benjamin in the 2nd with a trade down in the first then an OT

Um, every athlete should be all about the money. you don't get paid in college and they completely use you. Same thing in the pros. Football players shoudl get every cent they can get.

But with the slotting system, rookie salaries are almost set in stone. You really can't argue too much.

I've been coming around to the prospect of drafting Mike Evans at 9 if available and if OBD thinks he may be the next Megatron. But, we already have 4 tall WRs on the roster. What we don't have is a surplus of DEs and OTs. How about someone like Kony Ealy in the 1st and then an OT like Morgan Moses in the 2nd? Then consider WR and TE after that.

I've been coming around to the prospect of drafting Mike Evans at 9 if available and if OBD thinks he may be the next Megatron. But, we already have 4 tall WRs on the roster. What we don't have is a surplus of DEs and OTs. How about someone like Kony Ealy in the 1st and then an OT like Morgan Moses in the 2nd? Then consider WR and TE after that.

Kony Ealy would be a good pick at the bottom of the first round or the top of the second. Moses would likewise be a good pick at the bottom of the second or early in the third. I like your thinking none the less. So many people suggest "trade up to get XYZ marquee player" in lieu of thinking of value picks. I would love them taking a guy like Moses or even Jack Mewhort in the 3rd round. I'm fairly certain that Ealy is going to be in between picks for the Bills unless they are able to trade down.

Kony Ealy would be a good pick at the bottom of the first round or the top of the second. Moses would likewise be a good pick at the bottom of the second or early in the third. I like your thinking none the less. So many people suggest "trade up to get XYZ marquee player" in lieu of thinking of value picks. I would love them taking a guy like Moses or even Jack Mewhort in the 3rd round. I'm fairly certain that Ealy is going to be in between picks for the Bills unless they are able to trade down.

Thanks for the kind reply. In 2013 the trade down worked out pretty well - EJ & Kiko for an 8th overall. It appears likely this year that a prospect another team covets will be available at 9, making another trade down possible.