Petition Time

Coach55

That just means a large amount of local residents watch the Bills games. It does not mean we have a large market. We are a small market. The NFL would not be what it is if all the cities with teams were the market size of Buffalo.

Alright.. I'd argue you're being a bit conservative with your definition of "market". The raw number of people who live near a stadium is a fine metric, but taking intangibles into account, I believe the bills are far more "valuable" than you're giving them credit for.

Alright.. I'd argue you're being a bit conservative with your definition of "market". The raw number of people who live near a stadium is a fine metric, but taking intangibles into account, I believe the bills are far more "valuable" than you're giving them credit for.

They may be and you make good points. Unfortunately owners and TV execs look at market size when TV contracts come up for renewal.

Unfortunately owners and TV execs look at market size when TV contracts come up for renewal.

Thank you, as do you. I imagine potential owners would not be too interested in hearing my nuanced and romantic argument for why the Buffalo Bills might be the most valuable team in the NFL.. Nor should I expect anyone investing almost a billion bucks into anything to use their heart as a guide. that'd be nuts.

I love the points made regarding a sure thing vs. LA uncertainty. Totally valid, and probably true. But I can't stake my happiness on the prudence of a billionaire. the sky's the limit in LA, I suspect that's pretty hard to pass up.

Hence Kickstarter.

I agree. The petition should be to members of Congress though. Chuckie Schumer talks a good game, lets see if he actually does anything to keep the Bills here. Here's one: threaten the NFL's anti-trust exemption if it refuses to allow community-owned teams.

This may be the unstated reason why Schumer was selected by Russ to the Stadium Work Group. As a member of the Senate Finance Committee, if Schumer's feathers were ruffled he would be in a good position to threaten the league's antitrust (tax exempt) status.

Sadly, the NFL is a business just like anything else. And to make matters more worrysome, its the biggest business in sports. If the Bills are the answer to a team in Los Angeles, there's virtually no stopping it...

Wild Thing, your business acumen never ceases to amaze me. SUCH INSIGHTS!

Sadly, the NFL is a business just like anything else. And to make matters more worrysome, its the biggest business in sports. If the Bills are the answer to a team in Los Angeles, there's virtually no stopping it...

That would be a concern if the Bills were the "answer to a team in [L.A.]." However, for obvious reasons, the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers are all much better options...if the Bills move, there's plenty reason to doubt it would be to L.A.

That would be a concern if the Bills were the "answer to a team in [L.A.]." However, for obvious reasons, the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers are all much better options...if the Bills move, there's plenty reason to doubt it would be to L.A.

There is probably a good chance another team will commit to LA before the Bills are available. Even though the NFL is rumored to want two teams in LA, I can't imagine the second team would happen for some time after the first. I really think Toronto is the biggest concern. They seem to have an ownership structure in place now, plenty of funding and Bon Jovi is already on good terms with the most influential owners like Jones and Kraft.