Should Our Military Have Scaled Brokeback Mountain?

And, as a side note, for all the folks on here so concerned about rape in the military, no one is talking about this:

http://abcnews.go.co...ursday-22976764

I wonder why that is... Could it be your concerns over rape in the military really isn't concern for the soldiers, but instead part of your anti-gay agenda espoused so gleefully by the likes of JiA? He's admitted he hates gays and that's why he's against them joining the military. Who wants to be on his team?

Edited by GreggyT

And, as a side note, for all the folks on here so concerned about rape in the military, no one is talking about this:

I wonder why that is... Could it be your concerns over rape in the military really isn't concern for the soldiers, but instead part of your anti-gay agenda espoused so gleefully by the likes of JiA? He's admitted he hates gays and that's why he's against them joining the military. Who wants to be on his team?

That case was so !@#$ed up the original prosecutor didn't even want to file charges, because he didn't think there was a case, but he was apparently railroaded into it for political reasons.

If you're going to make a point, this is not the strongest example to use.

Rape is rarely (if ever) about sexuality. It's about power. Gay, straight, anywhere in between is not a motivating factor in the overwhelming majority of sexual assaults.

Interesting theory. Are you a psychologist? I find it hard to believe someone would force a person they are not attracted to to have sex with them.

Interesting theory. Are you a psychologist? I find it hard to believe someone would force a person they are not attracted to to have sex with them.

It's not a theory. Ask any law enforcement agency that deals with sexual crimes. Not a psychologist but have had extensive exposure to sexual predators and what makes them tick.

It's not a theory. Ask any law enforcement agency that deals with sexual crimes. Not a psychologist but have had extensive exposure to sexual predators and what makes them tick.

So there's not an "attractiveness" factor in rape cases? Are men as likely to get raped by a man as women are?

So there's not an "attractiveness" factor in rape cases? Are men as likely to get raped by a man as women are?

Attractiveness does not play into the psychology of sexual assault at all. Thinking it does so is misunderstanding the motives. It's a remnant of cave-man thinking that holds no intellectual or scientific water. The belief stems from the line of thinking that women deserve to get raped. "She had it coming," kind of mentality.

Rape is about power and control. It's not about attraction or sexuality. The reason women are raped more than men are because by in large sexual predators are men who want an easy target. And women tend to be physically less threatening as targets than men. But there are plenty of cases every day of male on male sexual assault that have nothing to do with sexuality.

Attractiveness does not play into the psychology of sexual assault at all. Thinking it does so is misunderstanding the motives. It's a remnant of cave-man thinking that holds no intellectual or scientific water. The belief stems from the line of thinking that women deserve to get raped. "She had it coming," kind of mentality.

Rape is about power and control. It's not about attraction or sexuality. The reason women are raped more than men are because by in large sexual predators are men who want an easy target. And women tend to be physically less threatening as targets than men. But there are plenty of cases every day of male on male sexual assault that have nothing to do with sexuality.

How does it have nothing to do with sexuality when it is sex? Unwanted and forced, sure, but it is sex. If a rapist preys on males, how is he not gay? He certainly cannot be straight. Do rapists not pick their victims by attractiveness? Do taller and more fit girls have a lesser chance of getting raped? Or do pretty girls have a higher chance of being raped?

Edited by FireChan

How does it have nothing to do with sexuality when it is sex? Unwanted and forced, sure, but it is sex. If a rapist preys on males, how is he not gay? He certainly cannot be straight. Do rapists not pick their victims by attractiveness? Do taller and more fit girls have a lesser chance of getting raped? Or do pretty girls have a higher chance of being raped?

All of your insights are incorrect.

Edit: posting on the fly -- should clarify, not ALL of your insights are incorrect, just the ones in this post.

Edited by GreggyT

I admitted I hate gays because I was afraid you where going to hurt yourself if I didn't. And what the hell does the generals story have to do with anything these thread is about? Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Because it's not sex, it's rape. It's about dominance.

Tom and Greggy are correct; rape is about dominance, power and control.

Tom and Greggy are correct; rape is about dominance, power and control.

I think we're arguing semantics at this point. I still contend that more attractive people are more likely to get raped. I suppose it's tough to put yourself in the shoes of the kind of monster that does something like that though.

Rape is rarely (if ever) about sexuality. It's about power. Gay, straight, anywhere in between is not a motivating factor in the overwhelming majority of sexual assaults.

Cool you two figured that out. Not doubting you but is there a 3rd party that agrees? Like someone that knows what the hell their talking about?

Meh. The hot college girl is getting raped more than the Rosie O'Donnell clone.

The "power" raper has eyeballs.

At least greggy stopped crying about the gays not having an 100% approval rating. It's the real world people like JIA exist, get over it.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Meh. The hot college girl is getting raped more than the Rosie O'Donnell clone.

The "power" raper has eyeballs.

At least greggy stopped crying about the gays not having an 100% approval rating. It's the real world people like JIA exist, get over it.

And they should be labeled as garbage every single time they read their ugly heads to spew their ignorance.

Cool you two figured that out. Not doubting you but is there a 3rd party that agrees? Like someone that knows what the hell their talking about?

Yes, there's plenty of third parties.

And I do know what the hell I'm talking about.

Never said anything about wanting universal acceptance of anyone. Just smashing down hateful bigots. I have plenty of experience with racist, homophobic bigots like JiA. When they keep to themselves and don't insult my friends and loved ones, I have no problem letting sleeping dogs lie. When someone like JiA gleefully, and repeatedly posts hateful ignorant bile -- aimed at my friends and loved ones -- then they're going to hear from me.

I think we're arguing semantics at this point. I still contend that more attractive people are more likely to get raped. I suppose it's tough to put yourself in the shoes of the kind of monster that does something like that though.

It's only semantics to you because you aren't a psychopath and have a normal attachment to sex. You don't see how sexual assault could be anything other than sexual because you are a normal person with normal sexual desires (assuming a lot there, I know) who hasn't ever considered the subject. Attractive people do not get raped at a higher percentage than ugly people. It has nothing to do with physical appearance in the minds of the attackers. There is close to 100 years of research and case studies on this subject.

Ask yourself, why did the folks who caught up to Gadaffi sexually assault him with anything they could stick up the bastard's ass? Do you think all the people there were gay and really wanted to !@#$ Gadaffi? Or were they so enraged that they sought to exert their dominance over a defenseless man cowering in a sewer drain? Do you think that had something to do with sexuality or anger?

Edited by GreggyT

I would suggest some if I thought you could read. Based on the way you spell and think, that's an assumption I'm not willing to make.

Can you even give the time and temperature without throwing personal insults? I know you are encouraged because Tasker took your side but can you present a argument with out this dip **** crap?