(OT)when the rich complain about local taxes

ch19079

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...crime_alarms_dc

what will the rich people do when the paper reads..

"wealthy rich family killed by intruder, cops dont respond to burgler alarm"

:blink:  :doh:

214259[/snapback]

I'm not quite sure what that article has to do with rich people, let alone 'wealthy rich' people (they must be richer than just rich people). The rich aren't the only one's with alarms on their houses. And while the dateline is San Francisco, the city is Fremont, and Fremont is NOT really that wealthy of an area, relatively speaking.

What they need to do in Freemont is what they do where I live. More than one alarm in a certain time period, and you're charged something like $100 for every false alarm. Simply not responding to the alarms may help the budget, but little else.

the point is... if it comes to a point where the police wont even investigate a possable crime due to cut backs, and closing libraries, and so on...

than maybe a hike in taxes is needed. not much, just enouph to keep things running.

i guess rich/ wealthy was the wrong word... but they are not poor by any standards.

but i think things will change after the first robbery.

the point is... if it comes to a point where the police wont even investigate a possable crime due to cut backs, and closing libraries, and so on...

than maybe a hike in taxes is needed. not much, just enouph to keep things running.

but i think things will change after the first robbery.

214275[/snapback]

Keep buying the spin. This is just another attempt to scare people into allowing the bureaucrats to raise taxes even higher. The fact is, every Bay Area city is raping their citizens for a ton of jake and cutting needless regulations and government employment that doesn't involve emergency services is what's actually needed (but won't happen).

The median home price in Fremont is $625,000.00 and the average home price is $677,000.00.  If you're making $100K a year there, you ain't anywhere near rich and you probably don't own a home - unless you bought it 15 or more years ago.

214274[/snapback]

Don't let that median price fool you, Darin. The median home price in Orange County is over $550,000 and in Yorba Linda, where I live, it's over $625,000, which is what my house is just about valued at. However, I bought my house five years ago for $280,000.

Don't let that median price fool you, Darin. The median home price in Orange County is over $550,000 and in Yorba Linda, where I live, it's over $625,000, which is what my house is just about valued at. However, I bought my house five years ago for $280,000.

214288[/snapback]

I'm not. I lived in the area for 5 years and still have friends there. The prices have gone up astronomically (houses bought in the early 1990s for $225K are now $750K). Ridiculous.

214288[/snapback]

sell

I'm not.  I lived in the area for 5 years and still have friends there.  The prices have gone up astronomically (houses bought in the early 1990s for $225K are now $750K).  Ridiculous.

214289[/snapback]

Southern Cal has seen a sharper increase than the rest of the state, in part because Northern Cal was already crazy. But the jump where I live redefines ridiculous. Not that I'm complaining. If I had any balls, I'd sell right now and move to Tempe.