Chris Brown: Buffalo has virtually no dire positional needs

Beerball

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya!

The truth is that while we don't truly know if QB is a "dire need," chances are it is.

Presently, we have 2 QBs on the roster who IMO are about the same. Manuel would appear to have a higher ceiling, but he certainly has some huge obstacles to overcome. Lewis intrigues me, but it's tough to visualize him playing at a star level.

Btw, I think that RB is a major (not necessarily dire) need. Yes, I said this :). Fred is old and Spiller is a nicked up situational player. And, I am seeing a trend (which I for one like) toward the big, physical running back. Odds are very strong that either Spiller, FJ, or both will be injured this season and it would be nice to have another talented rb on the roster.

The need at LG is about as "dire" as it gets. No explanation needed.

I also consider OT a dire need. What happens when Glenn or Pears get injured? Again, injuries to huge OTs are more likely than unlikely.

Despite the above, I do think the team is talented. The Bills need to develop a quarterback, and we will see whether or not Marrone is able to compete with other coaches. This could also be a "dire need." Big mountains to climb, no?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really can't judge EJ from only 10 games. Especially with that supporting cast he had around him. Scott Chandler was the teams leading receiver with 62 receptions. He ranked 62nd last year :sick: To put that in perspective, Denver had 5 receivers ranked higher.

From what I saw of EJ in that funky fast paced offense that Hackett installed. When the run game failed (which was quite often) then the onus to win the game was placed entirely on the shoulders of a rookie QB. Which was entirely moronic IMO considering the state of that O line, receiving corps. To his credit EJ stepped up in a lot of games and played well despite his lack of a top supporting cast around him.

The Bills could go for Texans RB Ben Tate in free agency as the lead back, use Spiller as the change of pace back. Then use Freddy as the 3rd down back to elongate his career. With a better O line these men would create great havoc.

We can only hope the Bills FO grows some gray matter, and finds some top talent for LG & RT this off season. If they fail again this off season then I don't see how any Bills QB will be able to develop properly.