Bill Cowher kicks the snot out of

AKC

True, the Steelers have done nothing.  They've only won 15 games in a row, destroyed the other 2 top teams in the regular season, and overcome numerous injuries.  But you're right.  They almost lost to the Jets.  That's worse than losing to the Dolphins. :D

If I were the Steelers, I'd be pissed off as well.  They're getting no respect.  That won't bode well for the Pats, since that's their shtick.

213562[/snapback]

I was talking in relation to what the Patriots have accomplished these last few years. The Patriots deserve their lofty status. Regular season means nothing when you get to this level of the playoffs. The Steelers whipping the Pats this season was as much an anomoly as the Bills doing it in 2003. The Steelers acting all hurt here is beyond comprehension. They are SO LUCKY it's them and not the Jets. The Pats are a much much better than the Steelers and Bills, time to get over it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? It was a pretty weak attempt, if you ask me. I talk about football all the time, on TSW and off. Looking through the history of my posts would show you many an "original football thought" - which sounds pretty oxymoronic to me.

I love, love, love how AKC treats football as if it were something is similar to a state of enlightment - you know, it's something only a select few get. In reality, football is a pretty simple sport, when you get down to it.

But not everyone is as insecure as AKC, and probably no one else has a bigger inferiority complex.

213474[/snapback]

We're in total agreement on one point- that football is simple to the simpleton!

The fact that you find "original football thoughts" oxymoronic explains much about the content vacuum in your posts. I'm surprised you bother to read mine, in which I frequently attempt to bring in new concepts and ideas that by the way I didn't hear on the Jim Rome show or read in the Democrat and Chronicle. But don't let that interfere with your little system!

Some of your innovative ideas (eg Bledsoe is a good QB, the Patriots are a fluke, Tom Brady has little skill and all luck) are not mentioned in the Jim Rome Show or the D&C or ANYWHERE for a reason....

they are not true.

We're in total agreement on one point- that football is simple to the simpleton!

The fact that you find "original football thoughts" oxymoronic explains much about the content vacuum in your posts. I'm surprised you bother to read mine, in which I frequently attempt to bring in new concepts and ideas that by the way I didn't hear on the Jim Rome show or read in the Democrat and Chronicle. But don't let that interfere with your little system!

213632[/snapback]

Some of your innovative ideas (eg Bledsoe is a good QB, the Patriots are a fluke, Tom Brady has little skill and all luck) are not mentioned in the Jim Rome Show or the D&C or ANYWHERE for a reason....

they are not true.

213639[/snapback]

I appear to have incited the simpleton call to arms!

BTW- If you honestly don't believe that EVERY QB among the top 10 most productive passers in history were/are "good", you are a simply a fool and it would discredit simpletons to place you among them.

As much as I would love to see Cowher kick the snot out of Bellichek, I don't see it happening. The Patriots are very good at just getting it done, if the Defense is having an off day, the offense does the job. If the offense is hurting, the defense comes up big. You have to admit the Pats are the team to beat. Getting this far once may be luck (Tuck Rule), but this is the third time in this position in four years. That's no longer considered luck, they are a very good team. Whether its because of BB, TB, the Defense, whatever, until someone knocks them off, they are the best.

And guess what, even if they lose this game, I bet they are considered the favorites again when the season opens up next year.

I was talking in relation to what the Patriots have accomplished these last few years. The Patriots deserve their lofty status. Regular season means nothing when you get to this level of the playoffs. The Steelers whipping the Pats this season was as much an anomoly as the Bills doing it in 2003. The Steelers acting all hurt here is beyond comprehension. They are SO LUCKY it's them and not the Jets. The Pats are a much much better than the Steelers and Bills, time to get over it.

No they're not. You'll see this Sunday. Teams who are allegedly better don't lose to 2 win (at the time) teams. They also don't get blownout in the regular season by the team to whom they are allegedly inferior.

No they're not.  You'll see this Sunday.  Teams who are allegedly better don't lose to 2 win (at the time) teams.  They also don't get blownout in the regular season by the team to whom they are allegedly inferior.

213682[/snapback]

I'll repond with a question...

What is the longest river in the world?

Pat's will defeat the Steelers in a close, low scoring battle. The Falcons will win against the Eagles. Belicheck will then shut down the running game of the one dimensional Vick. Forcing him to stay in the pocket and try to beat the Pats through the air. That wont happen. The Pats D is too good and Vick is not good enough. Once he has to throw he is helpless. He will be puzzled and start to make mistakes. Pats will turn it into a rout. Pats 43-16 victors in the SB. Hate the Pats but thats the way its going down boys. Girls

213220[/snapback]

You're wrong. The Falcons will not beat the Eagles, the Eagles are way too fast to get beat by Vick's scrambling, and his mediocre pass game won't help.

Not sure on the Steelers/Pats game, but nobody is giving any credit to Roth and his ability to throw the deep ball against an average NE secondary. That was Ind. biggest mistake not going down the field. Randle El will also burn Troy Brown BADLY in coverage. If Roth. doesn't make the big mistake INT, I give Pitt. the edge.

yer on drugs!bill belicheck will have outcoached cower before the game has even started

Ding! Thanks for playing. The Pats/Belichick aren't in the heads of the Steelers/Cowher like they are with the Colts/Manning. There's no worry on the Steelers' part about playing in cold weather, being on the road, or tampering with the field. There's also no "woe is us, we're the defending champs and we get no respect" for the Pats to use as motivation, instead the OPPOSITE since the Steelers beat them during the regular season, had the best record in the NFL, and are at home, but the underdogs. Belichick will actually have to outcoach Cowher DURING the game, and he better come up with a great plan because he got schooled the last time they played.

The one you'll be crying after the Pats lose Sunday and prove you wrong? :devil:

213717[/snapback]

If I recall correctly, you pick the Colts last week... :lol:

I will be sure to mention you on the board Sunday night in my Patriots returning to the Super Bowl thread....and AIO too :lol:

213632[/snapback]

I laughed for a solid minute at this.

Whatever, brother. We all have our delusions of granduer. Yours are just funnier.

I appear to have incited the simpleton call to arms!

BTW- If you honestly don't believe that EVERY QB among the top 10 most productive passers in history were/are "good", you are a simply a fool and it would discredit simpletons to place you among them.

213642[/snapback]

I'm now starting to honestly think that AKC is merely a troll or a pseudonym for another poster, because I have hard time believing anyone is really this thick. I guess I have too much faith in humanity.

Is simpleton your new catch phrase? Did you learn a new word? I love when you learn new words, because then we all get to hear it repeated ad nausem until you learn another new one. The last one was "falsehood", right?

Also, define "productive." I'd like to hear this "original thought." Please. Enlighten me, sir.

Nice logic. Let's bring Dan Marino back from retirement and suit him up to play.

Get your tenses straight. Drew Bledsoe's status as a top 10 productive passer is a reflection of his past. As a Bills fan, we are concerned with the present and the future.

Even the Bills brass has figured this one out now. I know you love Drew Bledsoe... but you must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go...

Repeat after me

must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go... must let go.... must let go...

:devil:

213642[/snapback]

I'm now starting to honestly think that AKC is merely a troll or a pseudonym for another poster, because I have hard time believing anyone is really this thick. I guess I have too much faith in humanity.

Is simpleton your new catch phrase? Did you learn a new word? I love when you learn new words, because then we all get to hear it repeated ad nausem until you learn another new one. The last one was "falsehood", right?

Also, define "productive." I'd like to hear this "original thought." Please. Enlighten me, sir.

213810[/snapback]

This will be a little over your head, but I'll provide the facts anyway-

Only 6 QBs in the century of NFL football history have more pass completions than the Buffalo Bill you love to denigrate:

Official NFL Most Productive Passers in NFL History

Your agenda forces you to ignore the objective and obvious:

You might argue that a QB among the top 7 passers of all time WAS good but his skills have deteriorated, but making a claim of "not good" makes you nothing more than a fool. The fact that you can't bring yourself to recognize that it takes a "good QB" to reach these historic milestones exposes your utter inability to offer objective discourse on the subject of our starting QB.