Conservatives Saving the World

blzrul

But, should your opinions be thrust upon MY children?

...and should my opinions be thrust upon your children?

217014[/snapback]

Exactly.

I'm not going to comment on who is right or wrong here because I haven't seen the video and I haven't seen Sponge Bob Squarepants. But the point here is that this is being sent to over 60,000 public schools. This isn't a matter of choosing to not let your children watch Sponge Bob, it is being shown to all these school children and the message is being sent that this is fact and a way of life.

This is a cartoon character widely accepted as being gay or associated with the gay lifestyle teaching kids to be tolerant of everyone and every sexual orientation. All you need to do is look at the possibilities from another perspective. If Veggie Tales (a Christian cartoon for kids) sent a special video to 60,000 public schools depicting a student preaching the Bible to his friends in support of religous tolerance, don't you think there would be similar reactions?

It is ridiculous that we put so much faith into the public school system. As if Sponge Bob and education is going to cure all bigotry and hatred. This is stuff that should be left to the family and this is just another example of why my kids will never enter the public school system.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stuff that should be left to the family and this is just another example of why my kids will never enter the public school system.

217234[/snapback]

It's too bad the Dummycrats and their lemmings continue to hide behind the "school vouchers will take money away from already bad schools" argument. As if that actually makes sense.

My Post: I don't want them growing up in a world where they think being gay is an option and normal

That's your opinion but it is not mine.

216753[/snapback]

That's very SHOCKING coming from someone from France.

Olivier, I do not know what it is like in france, nor do I pretend to, but in the USA, the left is FAR more likely to ban something than are the conservatives.

I didn't know that you were from the Basque region. Do you see much jai-alai?

216768[/snapback]

he Bill read my post again did i say it was the conservatives that made the society as it is today?! Bush has just find that the best way to be reelected was to use that. I'm not sure anyway that the liberals 'd ban more things than the conservatives... they'd ban different things that's all.. i 'm a libertarian, i'm pro choice and pro guns, i'm for the responsability of individuals not for the dictature of the majority.

I see some jai-alai but you know it's a little the "tourist version" of basque pelote, the real basques (i am not but i understand why now that i saw most of the pelote versions) prefer barehanded pelote.

But, should your opinions be thrust upon MY children?

...and should my opinions be thrust upon your children?

217014[/snapback]

that's all the problem of living in a society, you have to deal with different opinions, and keep in mind your own children will be in contact of different opinions some that you don't like ... and that some opinions that you don't like will become laws...

That's very SHOCKING coming from someone from France.

217292[/snapback]

hooo i should be upset by this , should i?!

i know lot of gay people, one of my cousin is gay, in my former job in the luxury business maybe 15% of my colleagues were gays and you know what? Those guys are very very NORMAL. Sometimes french society drive me nuts but i'm happy this is a place that is tolerant toward them.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Few Points:

1. For every whacked out conservative group, there are 10 whacked out liberal groups.

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE. For every ACLU, there is a Christian Coalition; for every NOW there is an NRA; for every major union organization trying to shoot up wages there is a major company trying to shaft the worker. The liberal bias in the media is the same.. for every Washington Post there is a Washington Times; for every Boston Globe there is a Boston Herald, etc...

No matter who is driving the extremist force, rights get trampled somewhere. I reference Federalist Paper Number 10 by Alexander Hamilton as an excellent example of the tyranny of the majority being a wholly negative influence on events in this country- it is as relevant now as it was then. REASON must win out.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

i know lot of gay people, one of my cousin is gay, in my former job in the luxury business maybe 15% of my colleagues were gays and you know what? Those guys are very very NORMAL.  Sometimes french society drive me nuts but i'm happy this is a place that is tolerant toward them.

217729[/snapback]

Is the boycott over???? :(

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
since the US have officially started a new presidency i'll give american politics a chance! You never know , the debate with Bush 2 and his supporters could be more reasonable and fruitful than the sterile ones with Bush1...

217770[/snapback]

You can't win, you know... once someone sees 'France', it's all over, just like if anyone sees 'American' over here.

You are outnumbered and you are from France... I am outnumbered, and I'm FROM there!! :(

I'm not saying anything about the "video" because I have not seen it...

but, why do I or my children have to respect or tolerate the "sexual identity" of others if they are practicing something that I don't agree with?

http://www.tolerance.org/101_tools/declaration.html

"Tolerance is a personal decision that comes from a belief that every person is a treasure. I believe that America's diversity is its strength. I also recognize that ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry can turn that diversity into a source of prejudice and discrimination.

To help keep diversity a wellspring of strength and make America a better place for all, I pledge to have respect for people whose abilities, beliefs, culture, or race, sexual identity or other characteristics are different from my own."

213657[/snapback]

I think you answered your own question. I can give no reason for you to agree with anything- that is your choice. You should respect things for what they are- whether they are different from what you believe, or not.

i know lot of gay people, one of my cousin is gay, in my former job in the luxury business maybe 15% of my colleagues were gays and you know what? Those guys are very very NORMAL.  Sometimes french society drive me nuts but i'm happy this is a place that is tolerant toward them.

217729[/snapback]

Maybe that's why you guys threw the white flags up when the Frankfurt Police Department invaded France decades ago.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Just like it does with arguments on the PPP board........ :P

217836[/snapback]

There is no such thing when the lingo goes flying around PPP sometimes :w00t:

Oh my god, this is the most retarded thread I've seen here.

For every god damn conservative group, of course theres a god damn liberal group. Its because most of the US are !@#$ing blind and loyal to a party instead of their own brain.

These people piss me off. As do people that are like "OMG THE LEFT WOULD BAN MORE sh-- THEN THE RIGHT"

First off the left would never try to make a ban on gay marriage, it'd only be on gun control.

Both are !@#$ing stupid. The quicker America realizes this the happier I'll be.

As far as this thread goes, DUH conservatives did something stupid. Look at the War in Iraq, and soon to be War in Iran. But look at what the democrats did stupid: Kerry's campaign.

Well...the media tells them that children aren't safe, so who are they to disagree, even though there hasn't been a recorded instance of any crime in their neighborhoods in the past three years.  :doh:

213883[/snapback]

News Flash! Kids have never been safe! Read the book I noted. You think "Huck" was sailing down the Mississippi on an eternal quest of youthful innocence and discovery?

There has never been a "golden age" for children.

News Flash!  Kids have never been safe!  Read the book I noted.  You think "Huck" was sailing down the Mississippi on an eternal quest of youthful innocence and discovery?

There has never been a "golden age" for children.

219953[/snapback]

That was kind of my point...that things haven't really changed, attitudes have. What was "safe" when I was a kid, parents now find inordinately threatening.