Nice people, these...

Moose

Sometimes that mindset shows its face here I am afraid:

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/05_U...anti-Islam.html

I bet you the bastard that killed the family was here on a "student" visa.

And all the muslims worry about is their image.

And this is more important than a whole family slaughtered in their home.

what a joke

I don't see much difference between what he does and what the state of Texas does on a regular basis. Would you feel better if he shot them up with drugs to stop their breathing, or strapped them to an electric chair? He's carrying out the laws of the land just like the guy that pulls the switch or injects the drugs. The biggest difference I do see is that they have more offenses that are considered capital crimes.

I don't see much difference between what he does and what the state of Texas does on a regular basis.  Would you feel better if he shot them up with drugs to stop their breathing, or strapped them to an electric chair?  He's carrying out the laws of the land just like the guy that pulls the switch or injects the drugs.  The biggest difference I do see is that they have more offenses that are considered capital crimes.

214192[/snapback]

So you're into the philosophy of Moral Equivalence. Good for you. Read up on the quaint little practice of "honor killing" (there was even one in Rochester last year!) and see if you still believe that.

BTW one of the myriad of those "capital crimes" according to their laws of the land, as you call them, is simply leaving islam. Oh, and adultery.

So you're into the philosophy of Moral Equivalence. Good for you. Read up on the quaint little practice of "honor killing" (there was even one in Rochester last year!) and see if you still believe that.

BTW one of the myriad of those "capital crimes" according to their laws of the land, as you call them, is simply leaving islam. Oh, and adultery.

214307[/snapback]

Don't forgot being gay. Or being caught with a bible.

214307[/snapback]

Well considering I don't believe in capital punishment, I don't think your moral equivalency schtick applies. I guess if it makes you feel better you can say that we're better than them because we only kill convicted (hopefully guilty) killers.

Well considering I don't believe in capital punishment, I don't think your moral equivalency schtick applies.  I guess if it makes you feel better you can say that we're better than them because we only kill convicted (hopefully guilty)  killers.

214431[/snapback]

Listen, the death penelty here is what it is. What it is not is barbaric. Tell me the last time someones head was severed, or we used a hanging post or fireing squad.

The probelme I have with these animals...and that is what they are...is that they are willing able and happy to severe a head, ear, hand leg, basically whatever to suit what they call crimes against Islam...that loving religion of peace. What a crock. The libs here should be up in arms and calling on the international community to step in help help these poor religiouly suppressed people. After all they are getting ready to do the same thing when it comes to GWB and his terrible band of religious and God loveing friends.

Listen, the death penelty here is what it is. What it is not is barbaric. Tell me the last time someones head was severed, or we used a hanging post or fireing squad.

Which do you think is quicker and less painful? Frying in an electric chair, slowly suffocating to death or having your head chopped off? Granted I wouldn't want any, but I would imagine that the head chop is the quickest and least painful. Please do not go into the Nick Berg and the other terrorist beheadings. Those are entirely different.

I honestly believe that Muhammed was the "false prophet" Jesus warned of. Also, I agree with the earlier post... If I hear one more Muslim call theirs a "peaceful religion" I'll throw up. Just the news out of Iraq in one DAY seems to dispell that.

214606[/snapback]

Just when I thought that I'd seen it all. I guess part of winning the hearts & minds of Muslims is calling their religion a fraud.

And I get called a Kompassionate Konservative.

The code of law in Saudi Arabia is not the same as throughout Islamic countries. To say 'they behead for xyz reasons' is an indictment of Islam is wrong, since most (all?) other Islamic countries do not have the same code of laws in place.

Beheading is the punishment of choice as it is seen as a (comparatively) quick and painless method (in essence it is seen as a humane method of execution). There is a dislike of beheading in the West as a method of execution that it sees this as worse than any other but as BigAl correctly states in what way can it be deemed worse than some of the methods used in the US?

As far as SAUDI ARABIA'S widespread use of execution for a whole range of crimes - well that is barbaric. But a large proportion of the world sees the use of the death penalty in America to be barbaric also, even if it is only used on a far smaller range of punishments.

Saudi Arabia is a country run by an evil, despotic and barbaric regime which happens to be Islamic, and an extreme form of Islam (because of deliberate policy choices by that evil, despotic and barbaric regime) at that. To then say that Islam is barbaric because of Saudi Arabia's so-called justice system is a stretch. There are a nice selection of non-Islamic countries that are as bad out there, and (surprise, surprise) the one thing they do have in common with Saudi Arabia is that they are run by evil, despotic and barbaric regimes (China, Burma, Belarus, N Korea, Zimbabwe to name a few).

For most muslims Islam IS a religion of peace, same as most followers of other religions see their religion as a religion of peace. The fact that scum mis-use their religious teachings to justify their evil is nothing new and nothing exclusive to Islam.

The code of law in Saudi Arabia is not the same as throughout Islamic countries. To say 'they behead for xyz reasons' is an indictment of Islam is wrong, since most (all?) other Islamic countries do not have the same code of laws in place.

Beheading is the punishment of choice as it is seen as a (comparatively) quick and painless method (in essence it is seen as a humane method of execution). There is a dislike of beheading in the West as a method of execution that it sees this as worse than any other but as BigAl correctly states in what way can it be deemed worse than some of the methods used in the US?

214797[/snapback]

No, the law of the land in other muslim countries is very civil indeed. Like in Iran, where recently they stoned to death a 14-year-old boy for eating before sunset during Ramadan. (I'll post for you the horrifically gruesome video to watch if you like.)

Hope you're taking dhimmi lessons so you know how to behave when Europe becomes Eurabia in the next couple of decades, Brit.

No, the law of the land in other muslim countries is very civil indeed. Like in Iran, where recently they stoned to death a 14-year-old boy for eating before sunset during Ramadan. (I'll post for you the horrifically gruesome video to watch if you like.)

Hope you're taking dhimmi lessons so you know how to behave when Europe becomes Eurabia in the next couple of decades, Brit.

215298[/snapback]

Implicit in that is the assumption that the central federal authority in such countries reaches into the rural and tribal areas. Was said boy stoned to death in downtown Tehran, or some mud-wattle-and-goat-skin-tent town somewhere in the north east corner of the country?

Implicit in that is the assumption that the central federal authority in such countries reaches into the rural and tribal areas.  Was said boy stoned to death in downtown Tehran, or some mud-wattle-and-goat-skin-tent town somewhere in the north east corner of the country?

215314[/snapback]

All I know is that it took place in western Iran. It's a story from November of last year, and I did watch some of the video until it got to the actual punishment phase and I couldn't watch anymore. Also, my memory did not serve me well and my facts were not straight - the boy was whipped to death, not stoned. (Don't know which is worse.) The video link I had bookmarked is now dead, but I will look for another.

The point is that this would be like Catholics killing a boy for eating meat on Friday during Lent or something similar. Whether the punishment was decreed by the central government or by some rogue clerics taking things into their own hands, it sheds some light into the mindset of islam.

The point is that this would be like Catholics killing a boy for eating meat on Friday during Lent or something similar. Whether the punishment was decreed by the central government or by some rogue clerics taking things into their own hands, it sheds some light into the mindset of islam.

215358[/snapback]

No, it sheds some light in the mind set of despots. Just because those despots are a bunch of fanatic mullahs it is not an indictment of Islam per se. Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran represent(ed) all the worst excesses of fanatics running a country. But you do not have to go far back in time (a few years, not decades) to find followers of other faiths having widespread and criminal systems of so-called justice and/or repression.

Most Iranians are not in favour of the theocratic nut jobs and their excesses, although they would almost all consider themselves to be good muslims.

There are plenty of despotic regimes in the Islamic world, many of them were puppets of one side or the other in the Cold War, who pretty much ignored their excesses in an attempt to try and ensure the other did not get the upper hand.

Gaddafi, Assad and Saddam Hussein were/are all repellant individuals, but their criminal excesses had nothing to do with Islam and more to do with the way despotic regimes run their countries.

It is true that unfortunately (mostly for the majority of peaceful Muslims that live in these places) that a powerful minority have turned Islam in some places into a tool of repression and barbarity. But Islam is just as much a 'religion of peace' as any other religion.

And Eurabia is not going to happen in any of our lifetimes, any more than Americabia will will happen.

The point is that this would be like Catholics killing a boy for eating meat on Friday during Lent or something similar.

215358[/snapback]

How about a Catholic that makes a boy suck on his penis, and the leadership's refusal to accept any semblance of resonsibility for shuffling pedophiles below the radar of police involvement and directly leading to that boy's suicide 20 years later?

But Islam is just as much a 'religion of peace' as any other religion.

215358[/snapback]

Implicit here is that no religion is peaceful. It establishes a group of believers who form a looooooong list of grievances in their text. They can then feel morally superior when they have run-ins with the Other.

Islam is just as much a 'religion of peace' as any other religion.

And Eurabia is not going to happen in any of our lifetimes, any more than Americabia will will happen.

215599[/snapback]

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Brit. Sounds like you have the dhimmi lingo down pat to keep your throat intact. :devil: Just ask Theo Van Gogh and the Coptic Christian family from New Jersey.

How about a Catholic that makes a boy suck on his penis, and the leadership's refusal to accept any semblance of resonsibility for shuffling pedophiles below the radar of police involvement and directly leading to that boy's suicide 20 years later?

That is indeed a terrible thing, but your analogy is lacking.