Was there ever a better time?

BillsNYC

Was there ever a better time for a 3rd party emerge?

Liberals, who I can't stand, have taken over the Democratic Party.

Right Wing Nuts, who I can't stand, have taken over the Republican party.

Is it just me, or does a minority of each represent each party? They said that in this election, middle America voted republican because they're all right-wing nuts. I don't buy that. I think Middle America voted Republican because they chose what they felt were the lesser of two evils between liberals and nuts. But in the end, most Americans want somebody in the middle, and would vote for that party if it had enough backing.

I'm always thinking that the guys who created South Park should start a party. If you watch the show, they really do represent how I think Middle America feels on national topics. You have the 2 extremes, and most people don't agree with either. They want the middle ground, which no party offers.

Was there ever a better time for a 3rd party emerge?

Liberals, who I can't stand, have taken over the Democratic Party.

Right Wing Nuts, who I can't stand, have taken over the Republican party.

Is it just me, or does a minority of each represent each party? They said that in this election, middle America voted republican because they're all right-wing nuts. I don't buy that. I think Middle America voted Republican because they chose what they felt were the lesser of two evils between liberals and nuts. But in the end, most Americans want somebody in the middle, and would vote for that party if it had enough backing.

I'm always thinking that the guys who created South Park should start a party. If you watch the show, they really do represent how I think Middle America feels on national topics.  You have the 2 extremes, and most people don't agree with either. They want the middle ground, which no party offers.

212504[/snapback]

You need to break down the ridiculous "I will only vote for the person who has a chance to win" stuff instead of voting for who they feel is the better candidate. But yet, they cannot explain how you can get a third party candidate to win when they will not vote for them.

giant douche gets my vote.

middle america is only smart enough to listen to the soundbytes.

212528[/snapback]

i wonder if turd sandwich will run again

and yes, middle america is dumb enough to only listen to the soundbytes. that coupled with the corporate influence and current campaign $$$ system leads me to disagree with BillsNYC.

the average american voter bases their opinion on soundbytes and commercials. without the money to air commercials 3rd parties voices are squelched. if america doesn't hear their message america won't vote for them. if they don't get 5% of the vote they don't qualify for federal campaign funds. if they don't get federal campaign funds they don't have the money to air commercials and they cycle continues...

nice little scam the DNC and RNC got set up

i wonder if turd sandwich will run again

and yes, middle america is dumb enough to only listen to the soundbytes.  that coupled with the corporate influence and current campaign $$$ system leads me to disagree with BillsNYC.

the average american voter bases their opinion on soundbytes and commercials.  without the money to air commercials 3rd parties voices are squelched.  if america doesn't hear their message america won't vote for them.  if they don't get 5% of the vote they don't qualify for federal campaign funds.  if they don't get federal campaign funds they don't have the money to air commercials and they cycle continues...

nice little scam the DNC and RNC got set up

212542[/snapback]

There are ways around the campaign finance stuff. You just need to be creative.

Liberals haven't taken over the Democratic party. Goodness, they're just Republican Lites. The Republican party has swung so far to the right that they make a moderate Democrat look like a wild-eyed radical. When in fact it's the GOP who's radical.

I would love to see a 3rd party that can unite this country and undo much of the damage that has been done.

The problem is all of us have different ideas on how we want to be free, and one person view completely unaccepts another persons view. There is not much give and take, we are being channeled into one form of freedom that everyone has to accept or else.

IMO America, capitalism and our version of democracy is alot like an alcoholic, or junkie. It will never have much of a chance of getting better until it hits rock bottom. When many have lost hope and have but each other to rely on maybe then we can become more tolerant towards each other and work together.

My view is to return power to the people, the upper middle to lower classes. In other words the majority. Our society is too overly influenced my money and those who have it. Too many decisions being made based on there economic outcomes rather then what this country was supposed to represent.

Liberals haven't taken over the Democratic party.  Goodness, they're just Republican Lites.  The Republican party has swung so far to the right that they make a moderate Democrat look like a wild-eyed radical.  When in fact it's the GOP who's radical.

212658[/snapback]

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Tell that to Howard Dean who very nearly stole the Democratic nomination out from under the "moderates".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Tell that to Howard Dean who very nearly stole the Democratic nomination out from under the "moderates".

212714[/snapback]

Nothing like arguing with the PPP version of Raymond Babbitt. Ask her how many toothpicks are on the floor - then she can actually be right about something.

Liberals haven't taken over the Democratic party.  Goodness, they're just Republican Lites.  The Republican party has swung so far to the right that they make a moderate Democrat look like a wild-eyed radical.  When in fact it's the GOP who's radical.

212658[/snapback]

HA! I live in NYC....the democrats here are all Liberals. The democratic put mega-liberal Michael Moore in the spotlight, as well as every other liberal celebrity.

212658[/snapback]

Not to attack your post twice, but what you wrote is exactly why the democratic party is falling apart. Republicans realize they're headed too far right. Democrats have blinders on when evaluating their own party. I should be a democrat with my thinking, but I refuse to link up with liberals, which like it or not represent your party right now.

212714[/snapback]

Have you listened to anything Dean spoke except "YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" (BTW--His Yahoo! commercial was funny as all get out)? I watched him on Charlie Rose a while back and thought, Is this the guy they said was the ultra-liberal? A-rating from the NRA is a good starting point with me. Follow that up with his message of going grass-roots for donations and then backing it up with how his campaign raised $. Kick out the special interests who buy access and make it about what the people want.

It'd be a good thing for him to get the DNC chair.

Have you listened to anything Dean spoke except "YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" (BTW--His Yahoo! commercial was funny as all get out)? I watched him on Charlie Rose a while back and thought, Is this the guy they said was the ultra-liberal? A-rating from the NRA is a good starting point with me. Follow that up with his message of going grass-roots for donations and then backing it up with how his campaign raised $. Kick out the special interests who buy access and make it about what the people want.

It'd be a good thing for him to get the DNC chair.

212794[/snapback]

Michael Moore belongs to the NRA...so what?

Not to attack your post twice, but what you wrote is exactly why the democratic party is falling apart. Republicans realize they're headed too far right. Democrats have blinders on when evaluating their own party. I should be a democrat with my thinking, but I refuse to link up with liberals, which like it or not represent your party right now.

212791[/snapback]

I'm only taking issue with your statement about liberals taking over, because they haven't. Howard Dean, for example, is NOT liberal. Just painted that way. The GOP has also hijacked our language in this case. War is peace. Bad is good. Whatever. As long as people don't look beyond the label it will be that way.

So look beyond the label, and admit that if you think like, and agree with, the principles of the Democratic party, you're a Democrat. If you listen to the GOP all but the hardliners ALL talk like Democrats. Why? Because that's what people want. Out of the other side of their mouths they say that Democrats will eat you children, and people listen because Democrats refuse to believe that people are as stupid as they really are.

212658[/snapback]

At least one other person has implied that "the far right" makes up only a portion of the GOP and they are trying to take it over from a "minority position". Your post implies that the GOP is full of whacko "far right".

Many Democrats are not as fringe left as the groups who I don't like to align myself with. So, unfortunately, for me it only takes a small number of people or groups to be associated with Democrats to keep me away.

I totally disagree with all you "third party" thinkers. Mainly because I don't think any of you can really and accurately define what the "middle" is. There are a lot of issues that are "grey" or "middle" for me. But, there are some where it is simple for me to determine that it is right or wrong - and some of you say that makes me "far right". This is because some of the things you think are in the "middle" for you are actually "far left" for me.

MoveOn.org sent out an e-mail thinking they will "take over" in 2006 like the 104th Congress did with the "Contract with America" on 1994. We'll see.

GWB was an easy choice for me and I've already said it was nothing about "choosing the lesser of two evils". I consider myself intelligent and I don't just buy sound bytes; but I will sometime retort with a sound byte because it captures the essence of what my argument is. This does not mean I'm just about sound bytes.