Poll: Pettine or Marrone

Unrealistic yet serious question Bills fans are contemplating  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have as head coach of the Buffalo Bills?

Do we play Cleveland next year? If so, all we have to do is run Freddie and C.J. all day long. Pettine has no idea how to stop the run. I thought overall the D was better, but let's not get crazy. They sucked against the run. I'm hoping that whoever becomes our DC will not just blitz and try and sack the QB on every play, but will also realize that sometimes the other team runs the ball.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we play Cleveland next year? If so, all we have to do is run Freddie and C.J. all day long. Pettine has no idea how to stop the run. I thought overall the D was better, but let's not get crazy. They sucked against the run. I'm hoping that whoever becomes our DC will not just blitz and try and sack the QB on every play, but will also realize that sometimes the other team runs the ball.

We play them at home. I also don't know where to put the blame on the lack of run support. We've been pretty poor at it for a bunch of years, and the only consistency over that time is that we've been overall weak at the linebacker position.

We play them at home. I also don't know where to put the blame on the lack of run support. We've been pretty poor at it for a bunch of years, and the only consistency over that time is that we've been overall weak at the linebacker position.

I think we had players at LB that could have been very good at stopping the run if utilized properly. IMO the problem was the we were caught in the wrong defensive set too many times in running situations. Attacking is fine, but you also have to know when to configure the D for a possible running play.

Regarding the original question, it is harder to hire and pick talent than it is to do. I give Marrone credit for th is hire and is what a head coaches job to surround himself with the best talent.

For now, he has slack from me to build a better program in year 2 hopefully having one QB for the entire year, hiring a QB coach which I never understood why we didn't do this last year with a rookie.