BB's QB's QBR's in 2013

boyst

It's funny because it's true. Did you watch cam and lucks first season? Throw the numbers out. They mean nothing. Russell Wilson threw for 100 yards and won. It's about the throws they are capable of making. Not the stats. The TD throw cam made to Steve smith in the first quarter is an NFL throw. Throwing to a wide open receiver is not what it's about. How many wide open receivers did you see in yesterday's games? Go watch the film. EJ and Fitz are both good back ups. Nothing more.

Right. Wilson throws for 100 yards, he's the reason the team win. The Bills score 31 against Atl and it proves EJ is only a backup. Makes sense.

Right. Wilson throws for 100 yards, he's the reason the team win. The Bills score 31 against Atl and it proves EJ is only a backup. Makes sense.

So By your logic EJ throws for 210 yards against a team that gives up 250 and you're impressed? You think EJ had a hand in "almost" lol winning that game? How about the next week when they played Tampa? Did he "almost" win that one too?

You have Buffalo standards. Stop looking at numbers they don't tell the story. Russel is PART of the reason they win. Teams respect his game. They do not stack the box. Same with Luck. Same with Cam. Watch their pocket presence, watch their accuracy. Oh yeah, how many games have they missed combined?

Be honest with yourself, what is EJ's ceiling? You think he will suddenly turn into an accurate QB? Has watching Fitz taught you nothing?

Oh by the way RW played Atlanta ON THE ROAD in week 10 and threw for almost 300 and 2 tds. and won 33-10.

Dont worry though, Im sure it will only take you another 2 years to see it.

So By your logic EJ throws for 210 yards against a team that gives up 250 and you're impressed? You think EJ had a hand in "almost" lol winning that game? How about the next week when they played Tampa? Did he "almost" win that one too?

You have Buffalo standards. Stop looking at numbers they don't tell the story. Russel is PART of the reason they win. Teams respect his game. They do not stack the box. Same with Luck. Same with Cam. Watch their pocket presence, watch their accuracy. Oh yeah, how many games have they missed combined?

Be honest with yourself, what is EJ's ceiling? You think he will suddenly turn into an accurate QB? Has watching Fitz taught you nothing?

Oh by the way RW played Atlanta ON THE ROAD in week 10 and threw for almost 300 and 2 tds. and won 33-10.

Dont worry though, Im sure it will only take you another 2 years to see it.

Can't-miss generational talent Andrew Luck threw 7 interceptions in two playoff games and magnificently squeaked into the divisional round when his opponents lost 5 players including a few of their best, champ. Young QBs take time, and ours was competitive against NE and beat one of the top NFC seeds and last year's champs. See how easy it is to pick and choose your truth?

Can't-miss generational talent Andrew Luck threw 7 interceptions in two playoff games and magnificently squeaked into the divisional round when his opponents lost 5 players including a few of their best, champ. Young QBs take time, and ours was competitive against NE and beat one of the top NFC seeds and last year's champs. See how easy it is to pick and choose your truth?

Im not sure if you're trying to make my point for me but you're doing a great job. You're trying to discredit what Luck did against KC? You really think EJ could throw for 450 yards? You think Luck's receivers are better than Buffalos? Their running game is better? Is their D better?

Has Kapernick taken time? Wilson? Cam? Dalton? Apparently it only takes time for Ponder, Gabbert, Tannehill, Geno, Freeman. Im sure those guys just need more time to develop.

Again, its not the NUMBERS, its the ability. Its the plays they are CAPABLE of making. Not their NUMBERS. EJ does not have that ability. Accuracy and ability to throw receivers open is not something you develop. Oh, and we haven't even discussed his 3rd knee injury. Now were talking about a soft inaccurate QB.

Good luck with that. You'll probably be the guy rooting for Thad to come in.

This QBR stat is one of the biggest crocks of *&%# I've ever seen. How is it that Thad Lewis throws for 2 TD's (against 0 ints) and runs for another while leading us to overtime against a playoff team, and ends up with a QBR of 16.2? The guy's actual quarterback rating was 100.2 in that game. And anyone who watched it can tell you he was the reason we even had a chance down the stretch.

Plus, the notion that Andrew Luck didn't have a single good week all season. WTH?

This QBR stat is one of the biggest crocks of *&%# I've ever seen. How is it that Thad Lewis throws for 2 TD's (against 0 ints) and runs for another while leading us to overtime against a playoff team, and ends up with a QBR of 16.2? The guy's actual quarterback rating was 100.2 in that game. And anyone who watched it can tell you he was the reason we even had a chance down the stretch.

Plus, the notion that Andrew Luck didn't have a single good week all season. WTH?

You're making too much sense. Joe Flacco was ranked 22nd in QBr last year, Eli Manning was ranked 17th in QBr in 2011. Those were the last two winning Superbowl QBs.

Anyone trying to make grand statements about what EJ Manuel is going to become based off of the numbers and statistics of his rookie season is an idiot. No one can claim to know what Manuel will become. I happen to think that he can have either just as good of a career or better than Joe Flacco and Eli Manning. In fact, he had a much better rookie season than Eli did in 2006. The main concern for me is his injury problems, other than that he had an average season for a starting NFL rookie QB. There was good, bad and ugly. Baring more injuries, I see no reason to believe he won't look much improved next season when his coaches, receivers and himself will no longer be rookies at their jobs.

Im not sure if you're trying to make my point for me but you're doing a great job. You're trying to discredit what Luck did against KC? You really think EJ could throw for 450 yards?

I don't think the Bills have or would ask him to, because their running game is much more respectable.

You think Luck's receivers are better than Buffalos? Their running game is better? Is their D better?

TY Hilton is better than any receiver the Bills put on the field this year, and Luck's TEs are WAY better.

Has Kapernick taken time? Wilson? Cam? Dalton? Apparently it only takes time for Ponder, Gabbert, Tannehill, Geno, Freeman. Im sure those guys just need more time to develop.

Kaep sat for a year and a half, and Wilson has a complete team around him with a terrific running game.

YES, Cam has taken time, and it's obvious. He's been up and down. Dalton? Last I looked, he cost his team playoff games, and he also has a top-3 receiver to throw to. He's a game manager who has basically reached his ceiling. The other guys? Ponder has the least excuse with AP in tow. Tannehill is probably the guy to compare EJ to, and I will not be very impressed if EJ doesn't exceed what Tannehill has done.

Again, its not the NUMBERS, its the ability. Its the plays they are CAPABLE of making. Not their NUMBERS. EJ does not have that ability. Accuracy and ability to throw receivers open is not something you develop. Oh, and we haven't even discussed his 3rd knee injury. Now were talking about a soft inaccurate QB.

There are numerous examples of players who have taken their game to another level with proper coaching and good health. Brady, Rogers, Roethlisberger. All three of them also had better teams around them than the Buffalo Bills when they came into the league. Did they make their teams better? Yes. Were they all asked, immediately, to be the sole focus of the offense? Not really.

Sounds like you've got your mind made up about a guy with 10 games in the league. I am sure you have access to all the film and have reviewed his uncorrectable errors religiously from behind your keyboard. I am not averse to bringing in another QB to compete with EJ, but it makes zero sense to give up on the reasons he was drafted. It's a good thing that the team feels the same way.