2013 Super Bowl ring for sale - strange story

Russ Brandon has a World Series ring, yet did not play an single inning with the Marlins....

http://www.sjfc.edu/academics/business/news/excellence.dot

(It might be the ring you see on his hand in this photo)

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/GenericImages/2013/01/01/1-1-russ-brandon-4_3.jpg

The Bills gave rings to front office personal during their SB years.

I believe this is the case with all teams and all sports.

I learned from watching Pawn Stars that they usually dont get the same ring as the players or coaches though

I learned from watching Pawn Stars that they usually dont get the same ring as the players or coaches though

can vary from team to team as its the owners call.

usually there are two versions - the all diamond version, and the knockoff. how far they extend each can vary. here in new orleans i believe anybody that got a paycheck in the saints organization got atleast the knockoff (still very nice) version - while any player regardless of contribution, coach (minus mike cerullo -- whoops!), and id assume guys in personnel departments got the real deal.

They actually do get the same ring. They do a big fancy banquet where everyone gets their rings on the offseason.

To NoSaints point above there is a level that they draw the line. Typically all full time employees get the actual ring. Some teams cut it at the manager or director level. Usually everyone below the cutoff level gets something. I used to work with a guy that was a Steelers intern and they got watches.

can vary from team to team as its the owners call.

usually there are two versions - the all diamond version, and the knockoff. how far they extend each can vary. here in new orleans i believe anybody that got a paycheck in the saints organization got atleast the knockoff (still very nice) version - while any player regardless of contribution, coach (minus mike cerullo -- whoops!), and id assume guys in personnel departments got the real deal.

All of the Saints full time employees got the actual ring.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

i didnt realize it got that far through the staff, but was pretty sure it was further than i was outlining

The spouses all received something as well. i believe that they were given broaches or bracelets (I think broaches). It will be interesting to see if they win again because that staff and the Pelicans staff is kind of blended. Some people do just one, some do both it's kind of weird. I would guess a good opportunity for Benson to save a few bucks.

It is kind of an ego thing. I don't know which owner started it but most of them do it so that they don't look cheap IMO. There is lots of recruiting that happens not only in the personnel departments but on the business side as well. When I was there we raided the Clippers and more recently the NJ Devils have raided the Pelicans. It's a small community where relationships take people (typically the best people) from job to job. With that being said ownership and management do not want to appear "lesser" to employees or perspective employees for fear of losing top talent to a better organization.

If you watch Pawn Stars they get rings from staff all the time.

If you think about it you may have a low end employee making $30k a year. That ring can be a valuable asset to someone like that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The spouses all received something as well. i believe that they were given broaches or bracelets (I think broaches). It will be interesting to see if they win again because that staff and the Pelicans staff is kind of blended. Some people do just one, some do both it's kind of weird. I would guess a good opportunity for Benson to save a few bucks.

It is kind of an ego thing. I don't know which owner started it but most of them do it so that they don't look cheap IMO. There is lots of recruiting that happens not only in the personnel departments but on the business side as well. When I was there we raided the Clippers and more recently the NJ Devils have raided the Pelicans. It's a small community where relationships take people (typically the best people) from job to job. With that being said ownership and management do not want to appear "lesser" to employees or perspective employees for fear of losing top talent to a better organization.

makes total sense, and additionally/particularly with the "all hands on deck and everyones job effects the final product" message that sean payton brought to the organization it would make sense that they would in turn share the rewards widely. i know there are stories of him wanting everything down to the janitorial staff reviewed and output maximized when he entered the organization.

Edited by NoSaint

Worked with someone whp was an athletic trainer with the Bills, and had all 4 AFC Championship rings...Said Mr. Wilson made sure that the employees had the real things....now all of the ATCs in the NFL talk and get to know each other through the years...he comes to find out that the Cowboy Superbowl Championship rings given to their ATCs were copies...

Ralph Jerry is Cheap...