Justified season 5

The greatest show in all of the land IMO, returns tomorrow night on FX. Just looked at the list of "cameo's" and makes me believe it will be another good one. Patton Oswalt will return as Constable Bob, Boyd and Wynn Duffy will be partners of some sorts and Michael Rappaport should be "the bad guy" this year as the Crowe clans kingpin.

On top of this we are getting a cameo from none other than Avon Barksdale himself, Wood Harris. All of the wire folks out there should get a kick out of this.

other interesting cameo's include David Koechner (anchorman), Will Sasso and Dave Foley, and of course your fair share of beauties that will go after Raylan like always such as Amy Smart and Alicia Witt.

links and excerpts below. tim horton's jokes! it's gonna be amazing.

5)Canadian Gangsters! In the first episode, during Boyd and Wynn’s trip to Detroit, they cross paths with a couple of Canuck crime lords, embodied by real-live Canadians Dave Foley (The Kids in the Hall) and Will Sasso (MADtv). Waxing rhapsodic about how the legacy of hockey great Tim Horton has been reduced to the donut and coffee shops that bear his name (and for the record, Tim Hortons are amazing places), they seem as harmless as our neighbors to the north are so often made out to be. But then the conversation turns toward death and drugs, and we have to keep in mind that these guys are deadly serious. It’s unclear how involved Foley and Sasso’s characters will be going forward, but just having them there at all was nothing short of inspired

http://www.channelgu...ified-season-5/

http://tvline.com/20...5-casting-news/

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Fantastic show. Can't wait for tomorrow night. I did just read an interview with Walton Higgins where he admitted the show will end after 6 seasons, which is sad but won't let it drag on too long either

Starting from season 1 ? If you make it to season 2 you should be hooked. 1st season was good but it takes off year 2, steps up the story a ton.

Good to know- yea the gf and I are about 5 episodes in and interested but not HOOKED yet either like some shows. I'm optimistic.

Edited by NoSaint

Nice start, but this will be my last time watching live.

Too many commercials break up the pace IMO.

Koechner and Witt fit into the justified landscape rather easily. I would debrief her any day of the week. I'm coming around on these redheads. Christina Hendricks started it.

Dewey Crowe is always good for a laugh. Sasso as the unkind Canadian worked also.

Grantland full review linked below

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/96922/justified-season-5-episode-1-everything-after-augustine-in-a-murder-of-crowes

Edited by Ryan L Billz

i was disappointed with the first episode this season. not a single memorable or quotable dialogue line. less character development and less interesting bad guys. it looked too much like every other cop and crook show. hope that episode is an outlier.

Stuffed too many people in too little time. Agree there wasn't any classic and always expected Boyd Crowder lines.

Felt like a intro to all the new people, lot of dead folks already.

More Art, Tim and Rachel w less Anchorman guy and it might have been better. The other Marshall's are entertaining IMO. Anchorman guy was ok, but why mess w a perfect recipe ? Art > everyone.

I'm in on the new bad guys though. Gotta cut them some slack, I didn't like quarles as a bad guy at first either.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Stuffed too many people in too little time. Agree there wasn't any classic and always expected Boyd Crowder lines.

Felt like a intro to all the new people, lot of dead folks already.

More Art, Tim and Rachel w less Anchorman guy and it might have been better. The other Marshall's are entertaining IMO. Anchorman guy was ok, but why mess w a perfect recipe ? Art > everyone.

I'm in on the new bad guys though. Gotta cut them some slack, I didn't like quarles as a bad guy at first either.

There was so much David Koechner because they needed to create a plotline to get the other Crowes out of the Everglades and up to Harlan with Dewey. Why would he be a new character when he's a Marshal in Florida and the new "big bads" are heading to Kentucky?

I know it'll be fun once the crowes are all back in Harlan county.

More quotables with Art and Tim normally as birddog is used to.

yes, what's with the "anchorman" guy? he's all over the place. was on SNL before Christmas, too. Art is hilarious and i agree, they need to get back to involving him more. one of my favorite parts of this show is the dialogue. it's often incredibly witty and sharp. so much so that sometimes you miss stuff if you don't listen very closely. it just wasn't there imo this episode. i'm wondering if elmore (now deceased) had script input.

Justified is one of my faves. Have watched every episode, every season.

This premier was a bit off. Felt rushed and a little erratic. The casting for the "Canadians" and Darly Crowe was very odd. I don't think Dave Foley and Will Sasso make for convincing Canadian mobsters and while Michael Rappaport is a fine actor, he can't pull off a southern accent. He should probably just stop trying.

The episode was a pleasant reminder about the underrated hotness of Alicia Witt, however.

Definetly some better lines in this one. I laughed a few times

Raylan to the guy getting his house seized about the relic pistol "more than 100.00 ?"

Dewey Crowe on his whorehouse hiring fatties was good.

And finally raylan to the kid "Derek, I have a loaded gun get out of my car"

Tough times are upon Boyd, wonder how this wil play out.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/justified-season-5-episode-2-the-gangs-all-here-in-the-kids-arent-all-right/

Definetly some better lines in this one. I laughed a few times

Raylan to the guy getting his house seized about the relic pistol "more than 100.00 ?"

Dewey Crowe on his whorehouse hiring fatties was good.

And finally raylan to the kid "Derek, I have a loaded gun get out of my car"

Tough times are upon Boyd, wonder how this wil play out.

http://grantland.com...rent-all-right/

i like the quote to the memphis bad guy that "you probably look up into a flock of birds and wonder why you got sheit on" and to loretta: "next time you should start with that" when she finally apologized and before he walked out , leaving her in jail. lots of good stuff. not nearly as good in prose as in the show.