We took Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton

boyst

Yep. He had 4 ints for the season and 11 passes defensed.

I'm not sure what Donnie Anderson had him drinking but he was a completely different player than his first two seasons.

Nicely put except the Bengals would probably love to have Tony Romo instead of Dalton.

They would love to have Tony Danza this morning instead of Dalton.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would love to have Tony Danza this morning instead of Dalton.

Yeah Dalton needs to lay low the next few weeks. The Who Dey Fans have lost their minds. They want to use his head for a big orange kickball right now.

The sentiment is that they are a Super Bowl Team with an upgraded QB, aren't we all?

When other QBs play at a mid range level, his team is successful despite him.

When our QBs play at a mid range level, the team is a loser because of him.

I don't get this place.

Dalton and Green have been moderately successful together since coming into the league. Is Dalton elite? No. Is he good enough to help his team to the playoffs? Yes. Is he good enough to win in the playoffs? I bet he is. In fact, I think the Bengals win yesterday if Bernard doesn't fumble at the 2 yard line. But hey, "LOL DALTON SUX", while our QBs and teams fail year after year. That makes sense.

Go Bills.

I don't get this place.

Dalton and Green have been moderately successful together since coming into the league. Is Dalton elite? No. Is he good enough to help his team to the playoffs? Yes. Is he good enough to win in the playoffs? I bet he is. In fact, I think the Bengals win yesterday if Bernard doesn't fumble at the 2 yard line. But hey, "LOL DALTON SUX", while our QBs and teams fail year after year. That makes sense.

Go Bills.

you are correct.

I guess I sort of understand the criticism, but Dalton is so much better than any QB we've had here since Jim Kelly, it makes me weep that we took Aaron Williams instead.

Can you imagine if we had a QB as competent as Dalton on the 98-99 teams? That was your super bowl team right there.

Maybe it was mentioned earlier (I haven't read every post in this thread), but I don't think the OC there did Dalton any favors with the play calling. Jay Gruden's the guy who needs to be replaced.

Also, fwiw, San Diego has a really good QB as well.

I know he is regarded as pure evil by 90% of the people who use this site, but Mike Schopp made a great point when he said there are 18-20 teams with QBs good enough that they currently have no need to consider replacing them. Not all hall-of-famers, but guys who can get you to the playoffs and win...or more importantly, guys who could have gotten the 2013 Bills into the playoffs this year. Though probably near the bottom, Dalton is certainly part of this group.

If you accept that there are 20 teams that are "set" at QB, how hard can it possibly be to find a good one? They are not THAT rare, yet you are cooked without one. That's why I think the Bills should consider drafting someone to compete with Manuel. I know he still needs time to develop, but I also know he didn't look anywhere near as good as Andy Dalton did in his rookie year vs. the Bills!

Edited by jester43

I know he is regarded as pure evil by 90% of the people who use this site, but Mike Schopp made a great point when he said there are 18-20 teams with QBs good enough that they currently have no need to consider replacing them. Not all hall-of-famers, but guys who can get you to the playoffs and win...or more importantly, guys who could have gotten the 2013 Bills into the playoffs this year. Though probably near the bottom, Dalton is certainly part of this group.

If you accept that there are 20 teams that are "set" at QB, how hard can it possibly be to find a good one? They are not THAT rare, yet you are cooked without one. That's why I think the Bills should consider drafting someone to compete with Manuel. I know he still needs time to develop, but I also know he didn't look anywhere near as good as Andy Dalton did in his rookie year vs. the Bills!

Because some draft years there isn't ONE good NFL qb to be had. It's even possible that last year was one of those years. Geno probably isn't going to make it, and that leaves Glennon and EJ.

It's hard not to wonder what the NFL would have looked like if Luck had left Stanford after his junior year like a lot of people thought he would.

He would be a panther, and Cam Newton would have dropped to Denver or us. If Denver took Cam we would probably have Von Miller (or vice versa) and Peyton Manning might still be a Colt.

I don't get this place.

Go Bills.

Did you watch the Chargers-Bengals game, Dorkington?

Believe me, Dalton was horrible.

He threw two picks among numerous inaccurate passes.

He fumbled twice.

He took a sack when he could have thrown the ball away a la Rob Johnson.

The guy is an average QB in the regular season and a terrible post season QB. This is his 3rd year in the league and he looked like a rookie out there, IMO.

His passer rating in 3 playoff games is 56.2.

I would always prefer to have a developmental QB starting for my team than just another guy like Dalton who's team lifts him up instead of the other way around.

JMO.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Did you watch the Chargers-Bengals game, Dorkington?

Believe me, Dalton was horrible.

He threw two picks among numerous inaccurate passes.

He fumbled twice.

He took a sack when he could have thrown the ball away a la Rob Johnson.

The guy is an average QB in the regular season and a terrible post season QB. This is his 3rd year in the league and he looked like a rookie out there, IMO.

His passer rating in 3 playoff games is 56.2.

I would always prefer to have a developmental QB starting for my team than just another guy like Dalton who's team lifts him up instead of the other way around.

JMO.

Yes, I watched it.

Yes, he had a bad game.

Yes, he's better than our QBs over the last three years.

Yes, his team has gotten to the playoffs over the last three years with him as QB.

Not once did I claim he was elite. But he's certainly good enough to get a team to the post season. He hasn't been good enough to advance in the post season, yet, though.

Still... it's a nice problem to have, as I sit here a fan of a team in the middle of a 14 year playoff drought.

Yes, I watched it.

Yes, he had a bad game.

Yes, he's better than our QBs over the last three years.

Yes, his team has gotten to the playoffs over the last three years with him as QB.

Not once did I claim he was elite. But he's certainly good enough to get a team to the post season. He hasn't been good enough to advance in the post season, yet, though.

Still... it's a nice problem to have, as I sit here a fan of a team in the middle of a 14 year playoff drought.

The Bills sucking doesn't make Andy Dalton a good QB.

The Bills sucking doesn't make Andy Dalton a good QB.

So he's not elite, and he's not as bad as Bills QBs. Is there room somewhere in between the two extremes?

I bet if we had Andy Dalton this year, we make the playoffs. Do we advance? Maybe, maybe not. But he's enough of an improvement over what we have that we'd have a few more wins this year.

Didn't you know that you cannot criticize a player from another team, because... 14 YEARS! These two things are always related! lol.

I think it's silly for ****ty teams, and fans of ****ty teams, to trash talk playoff teams, and their players. We have absolutely no ground to stand on.

So he's not elite, and he's not as bad as Bills QBs. Is there room somewhere in between the two extremes?

I bet if we had Andy Dalton this year, we make the playoffs. Do we advance? Maybe, maybe not. But he's enough of an improvement over what we have that we'd have a few more wins this year.

I think it's silly for ****ty teams, and fans of ****ty teams, to trash talk playoff teams, and their players. We have absolutely no ground to stand on.

Why are they even related? The Bills didn't say anything about Dalton. I did. I can be a fan of the Bills and criticize another team. As I live in Ohio and hear about the Bengals fans criticize him all day, I also agree with them. The Bills have nothing to do with Dalton.

Why are they even related? The Bills didn't say anything about Dalton. I did. I can be a fan of the Bills and criticize another team. As I live in Ohio and hear about the Bengals fans criticize him all day, I also agree with them. The Bills have nothing to do with Dalton.

Isn't this thread about taking Williams over Dalton?

Is the point of a season just to get to the playoffs?

And If he isn't going to play to a level that advances the team in the playoffs, whats the point?

They have given him just about all the tools a team can give a young QB and it has resulted in an 0-3 playoff record. Hell, Mark Sanchez took 2 Jets teams further than Andy Dalton ever has and I think we can both agree Mark Sanchez is below average.

Is the point of a season just to get to the playoffs?

And If he isn't going to play to a level that advances the team in the playoffs, whats the point?

They have given him just about all the tools a team can give a young QB and it has resulted in an 0-3 playoff record. Hell, Mark Sanchez took 2 Jets teams further than Andy Dalton ever has and I think we can both agree Mark Sanchez is below average.

Interestingly. Cincy fans and media want to both draft a QB and sign Sanchez in the offseason.