Anyone have a GameCube?

stevestojan

I'm looking to replace my stolen PS2, but I won't buy a refurb...

That being said, I can get a new gamecube for $89. A new Ps2 would cost me $150.

Anyway, I have heard good things about the gamecube, especially graphics and the games pikmin, Zelda, Mario Kart (which i liked for N64).

But no online, and no madden..

anyone ?

sorry - it does have madden...

its a nice change of pace.... resident evil 4 just came out and it rivals graphically both the xbox and ps2.... all the marios are fun..... mario kart double dash.... mario golf.... especially mario tennis..... Controls are ok, carries some sports games, wont find ESPN or Sega licensed sports on it though. Overall has the capability to be up there with xbox and ps2 but chooses not to as to keep its family orientated image. Buy it if you need your gaming fix and your short on cash... but i dont think it will replace a ps2 or xbox in the long run

Didn't your insurance cover the stolen gear?

I have a PS2 myself. But it just sits there. Collecting dust. Brand new out of the box...used three or four times...and just sits there. Alone. Collecting dust.

But it's worth it to get drunk with one of my friends and pretend I'm good at Grand Tourismo, or whatever it's called. <_<

I'm looking to replace my stolen PS2, but I won't buy a refurb...

That being said, I can get a new gamecube for $89. A new Ps2 would cost me $150.

Anyway, I have heard good things about the gamecube, especially graphics and the games pikmin, Zelda, Mario Kart (which i liked for N64).

But no online, and no madden..

anyone ?

sorry - it does have madden...

211924[/snapback]

I own a GameCube and an Xbox. The GC is well worth the price, especially if you're into the Nintendo-only games like Zelda and RE4 (VERY VERY impressive!). Some of the cross-platform titles, e.g. Prince of Persia Warrior Within, perform much better on the GameCube than the Xbox, while others take a slight graphics hit as the GC doesn't have the horsepower of the Xbox. The sports titles I've played (Sega/ESPN, not Madden) don't look quite as good as on the Xbox, but the drop in performance is barely noticable unless you have the two running side by side. I'd say pump in the $89 and get the GC.

Gamecube is a great system for the money. Zelda, Resident Evil, and especially the Metroid games (Metroid Prime might be the best game I've ever played - GTA included) are incredible. And it does have Madden.

I don't know if I'd want it to be the only system I have (I also own PS2) but I like mine.

Can't beat it for the money. I have both the GC and PS2. I play Madden on the GC and ESPN NFL on the PS2. Aside from the differences in the games I can't say one is better than the other.

Had the PS2 first but picked up the GC for the kids because of the Mario and Sonic games. They also like the adaptor that allows them to play all their Game Boy games through GC.