Purple neckties

Black men have it so lucky in regards to fashion. They can wear light tan suits with a black shirt and purple tie and make it look good. I wear a combo like that and Im either fired and/or getting my ass kicked.

212275[/snapback]

That's a pretty racist statement.

That's a pretty racist statement.

212288[/snapback]

Of course it is ... you can't say anything anymore without it being considered slander or racism. I think my post is racist as well. I mean, look at all the white space around this message. I don't see any black, yellow or red.

Black men have it so lucky in regards to fashion. They can wear light tan suits with a black shirt and purple tie and make it look good. I wear a combo like that and Im either fired and/or getting my ass kicked.

212275[/snapback]

That's not so much racist as it is 100% true. Black guys look good in clothes that white guys just can't pull off.

That's not so much racist as it is 100% true.  Black guys look good in clothes that white guys just can't pull off.

212360[/snapback]

But in the reverse, I think if you put a black gentleman in a Brooks Brothers pin-stripe suit with power tie and wingtips, he looks a bit out of place.

Different strokes for different folks.

But in the reverse, I think if you put a black gentleman in a Brooks Brothers pin-stripe suit with power tie and wingtips, he looks a bit out of place.

Different strokes for different folks.

212361[/snapback]

And there are some outfits that no one looks good in.

Dolphins uniforms, for example.

212275[/snapback]

I don't know. There's things that work differently with any complexion. I actually don't think that ensemble would look half bad, even on a white boy. Would probably go better with dark hair as a balance with the dark shirt. Why might you get fired for wearing that tho? And it all depends on how you wear it, and who you are. Clothes do not, contrary to what Shakespeare's Polonius says, make the man. And then there's the away jerseys, which white guys, black guys, green guys, red guys or blue guys look bad in.

Racist? Jebus Flubbing Krist!

Watching the inauguration today, I've seen quite a few. And lots of people mixing vivid blues and reds. Baraba Bush, the elder, for example.

When exactly did purple become an un-manly color?

And there are some outfits that no one looks good in. 

Dolphins uniforms, for example.

212364[/snapback]

some of the dolphins do look right in place in their alternate uniforms, the ones with the 'county lockup' orange jersey

but anyways, talking about fashion here makes me wonder when PPP turned into queer eye?

Men's clothing is just damn boring, period.  Yuck. 

And don't you all recall that according to Jerry Falwell purple means you're a...um...well...homasexshul?

212647[/snapback]

I'm looking around for a brown suit for the time coming when I have to get a respectable (read: desk) job. Neckties are an important part. Still have to bone up on the Full Windsor (Half-Windsor looks like crap!). I might get a purple tie, or a nice blue-red mesh just to give Falwell the bird. For all his airs, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's got a boyfriend on the side.

Men's clothing isn't entirely boring. I've got some awesome high-brown Snake boots from Cabela's a while ago, almost to the knees. People laugh if you wear them in the summer, but break 'em out in the winter and then see who's laughing!

I'm looking around for a brown suit for the time coming when I have to get a respectable (read: desk) job. Neckties are an important part. Still have to bone up on the Full Windsor (Half-Windsor looks like crap!). I might get a purple tie, or a nice blue-red mesh just to give Falwell the bird. For all his airs, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's got a boyfriend on the side.

Men's clothing isn't entirely boring. I've got some awesome high-brown Snake boots from Cabela's a while ago, almost to the knees. People laugh if you wear them in the summer, but break 'em out in the winter and then see who's laughing!

212783[/snapback]

My husband wears "butes" with his suits. He also wears Mr. Potato-Head ties, Homer Simpson Ties, Buffalo Bills ties, and more. But my husband is cool and can carry it off with panache. Few people can. Must be that military bearing ... :D