Cowher

Bills1218

Seriously call me when you win a SB ring.

Why have you got one?

You have to help me understand as to why we always have to give everyone 3 years? Idk maybe it's just me but that 3 year rule thing hasn't worked for us in the last 14yrs. There's enough talent on this team and I don't believe that the players are totally being used effectively. Mainly on offense.

Having two RB's with over 900 yards rushing tells me that they did something right on offense. The problems with the offense were at the QB and WR positions. They still don't have enought depth at WR and the QB situation was completely unstable. I don't think that this staff, with the possible exception of ST coach Danny Crossman did anything that deserves firing. There is no excuse for how poorly the kick coverage teams performed and our complete lack of a return game on the other side. He needs to go. Marrone, Hacket and Pettine? Not so much. There were winnable games that were lost this year and that has got to be corrected. When you have a chance to win a game in the NFL, you have got to figure out a way to get that done. This season they did not and hopefully they learned a bit along the way.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we have a lot of bonafide NFL coaching experience, but let's look at what Marrone actually did, instead of whining about how he should have been fired after his first game.

He took over a team that was putrid. Last year, we regularly gave up in the middle of games (see Jets, Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks), and turned them into a team that had at least 4 teams that were better than us on the ropes.

Yes our OC isn't anyone's favorite choice, but he has evolved almost every game this season. Marrone/Hackett didn't make Chandler/SJ13 fumble in the ATL game. He didn't make EJ get injured during CLE. HC is responsible for everything, but he didn't even make our Coverage team give up huge returns to Cin, Cle, or NE.

Blame him for the clock management in the 1st NE game (however I like the aggressiveness), however but for some unfortunate injuries, and a few stupid fumbles, this team is 8-8 and on the rise.

We still need to find out if EJ is the answer at QB (I think he is), but Marrone lit a fire under this team, and has improved and answered a LOT of question marks.

Mods, when can we start making a post minnimum before starting threads. This might be a good time to start that.

Sooo, if someone has, oh, I don't know maybe 3,446 posts like you it means more than mine. The # of posts doesn't make you more WORTHY of being able to post. I'm sure 3,445 of your previous posts were just awesome, full of detail and full of points the front office should consider, right?!?!?

Sooo, if someone has, oh, I don't know maybe 3,446 posts like you it means more than mine. The # of posts doesn't make you more WORTHY of being able to post. I'm sure 3,445 of your previous posts were just awesome, full of detail and full of points the front office should consider, right?!?!?

No not at all, I think someone with zero posts had just as much credibility as someone with 10,000 when it comes to knowledge of the game. HOWEVER many people start threads here without using the search function to see if something has already been discussed or maybe just to troll and get people riled up. Sometimes they start threads without reading the rules, like starting new threads during the game. It's not an unreasonable thought, if you want to take offense to it that's fine. I've been coming here since the day we drafted Erik Flowers and have seen this board grow, I love coming here but every offseason it's the same- a lot of trolling and unnecessary threads on things that have been discussed ad nauseam. Was making a suggestion.

People are so freakin sensitive.

Cowher is yesterdays news. He does not want to coach so it is moot to debate this topic. BTW Cowher was not great right out of the box. Coaches take time to develop a presence and a winning team. Ripping Marrone because he does not carry the heft of a veteran coach is shortsighted.

Cowher is yesterdays news. He does not want to coach so it is moot to debate this topic. BTW Cowher was not great right out of the box. Coaches take time to develop a presence and a winning team. Ripping Marrone because he does not carry the heft of a veteran coach is shortsighted.

No way! You're lying. You mean Cower wouldn't come in here and win the Super Bowl year one? What about George Seifert?

People's expectations are so out of whack it's borderline insane.