CJ "outta bounds" spiller

coastalpika

Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Nice...My new favorite tag for CJ after today's game. How true.....

As far as I am concerned your entire take on CJ Spiller is dead nuts on target. I agree completely.

Disappointing for a man with his talent level.

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

95% (If not more) of all other RBs would have sat out several weeks, even longer than a month a lot of times easily, with a high ankle sprain. Spiller played on it until the COACH made him sit ONE game. Anyone questioning his desire is foolish and has no idea the pain he had to endure to play through it which also prevents it from healing. Spiller earned a LOT of respect for that, unfortunately too many people who have no idea about what it's like to actually play football...more importantly...play a position where you are paid to be hit constantly for a living by 300 LB guys who can run a 5 sec 40 or faster and bench 400+ lbs more times than you people can put up 100lbs...like to criticize him for going out of bounds when needed in a meaningless game.

Most importantly, I would bet large sums of money that both the training staff and coaching staff have ordered him to do so while he's been playing hurt and the season was essentially out of reach a really long time ago

AD7, one other thing. If the staff is telling him to play, but to take it easy on himself, that's monumentally stupid of them. If they are that concerned about the injury, they should hold him out, period. They did it with EJ.

This is the worst argument ever! Jerry Sullivan is all over this and that is how I know it is so bad. When he ran out of bounds on a negative play when we were killing clock it was pretty dumb and that is what started this IMO. But going out of bounds after a 15 yard gain when a safety and a Cb are coming at you is just the way small fast RBs play. He isnt Fred and he isnt AP.