A combination LAMP and PSA...

The Poojer

Spent the day today with 20 of my co-workers and a couple other local company groups at Philabundance, a food bank that serves the 8(?) counties that surround the Philadelphia area.

We sorted, prepped and packed over 37.5 tons of food that will now be distributed to people in need in my local area. Food banks, food panty's etc are my personal favorite community service activity. It is so incredibly humbling to realize what and why you are doing, and so frigging rewarding to realize how you are impacting people that really need it.

We all sit here and talk about our favorite beers and fancy foods, but friends, family, neighbors, co-workers are sitting there wondering how they are going to put food on their table, for whatever reason. I have been close to that feeling before but thankfully never that bad-off.

I know we all do our own thing to give back to the community however much we can. This time of year especially we shouldn't lose focus that some among us are in real need and there are organizations out there that are providing food, clothing, shelter for those that need it, but they cannot do it without the community help and support.

Please continue to give whatever you can. It really is one of the most rewarding things I do and I cannot wait until i go back next month and do it again.

Thanks for the soapbox.