Eric Moulds Stat

KD in CA

I saw an interesting stat in the paper this morning. That stat ranked WRs by % of receptions that they have out of all their QBs completions.

H. Ward was #1, catching 36% of all Big Ben's completed passes.

Moulds was #2 at 35%.

Maybe the Bills ought to keep him around a little while longer. :D

I saw an interesting stat in the paper this morning.  That stat ranked WRs by % of receptions that they have out of all their QBs completions.

Moulds was #2 at 35%.

Maybe the Bills ought to keep him around a little while longer.  :D

211032[/snapback]

Nah, Moulds stinks....its NEVER Drew's fault right??! :)

I saw an interesting stat in the paper this morning.  That stat ranked WRs by % of receptions that they have out of all their QBs completions.

Moulds was #2 at 35%.

211032[/snapback]

It kind of makes one wonder how the Rothlesberger-Ward combination would look behind the Bills' offensive line...

First, I think that will change under JP. Second, if Bledsoe were to stay, I think that would be an argument against Moulds. Bledsoe too often locks on to his primary target because he's Bledsoe's favorite, causing him to make stupid throws into traffic and to miss an open receiver. Pulling his favorite security blanket out from under him will force him to look for the most open receiver.

Moulds was #2 at 35%.

211032[/snapback]

Sure...somebody has to catch those short passes. :)

I think what this stat really indicates (stats are great but football interested folks need to remenber that all they do depending upon the interpretation is indicate somethings but rarely conclude anything) is that folks need to consider Moulds in terms of what he means to Evans output rather than simply making a judgment whether Evans can replace Moulds.

In terms of building winning football teams condisderation of the salary cap and the likely team budget for each position really determines a lot of what the right thing to do is.

It strikes me that Moulds' 2005 cap hit of over $8 million is simply too big to be able to make other investments which build a winning team. Fortunately, Moulds seems to recognize this too and with the help of his agents can see that he is quite unlikely to get an offer from another team which will pay him more raw money next year than even a re-negotiated base salary with the Bills with a kicker of longer-term investment which may become deadspace as time catches up with Moulds as it does for all people.

If the Bills actually dumped Moulds it would be a far worse deal for the Bills, for Moulds and even for Evans than renegotiating a deal which lowers Moulds base salary and thus his immediate cap hit and in exchange provides him with more money in a prorated base salary that will de distributed over a Moulds contract which likely will allow him to retire a Bill and if it all works out his productivity will end just as the contract ends and there will be no deadspace.

Mould's public declaration that he is willing to re-negotiate sets things up for our WR budget nicely.

Moulds was #2 at 35%.

Maybe the Bills ought to keep him around a little while longer.  :P

211032[/snapback]

Thank god

Moulds was #2 at 35%.

Maybe the Bills ought to keep him around a little while longer.  :P

211032[/snapback]

It would have probably been 50% if he had caught the damn ball.