Offseason Tailgate For 2005

R. Rich

This year, the 3rd year we've done this, I'm looking to renting some space at a park and have a picnic. This way, more people w/families can feel welcome to join us. There are some details to work out, such as cost of space, materials, etc., but hopefully I'll get that squared away soon. We've had good weather for these meetings the past two years, so doing a picnic should work out fine. More than likely, it will be held around the time of the NFL Draft, either the weekend just before or just after the draft.

• 1 month later...
So, how about doing the picnic some time in either May or June?  Sound good to you guys?

272484[/snapback]

Right now it looks like the weekend before Memorial Day weekend is good for me. Not sure about June yet.

I should be back by weekend of May 7. I was supposed to be back last weekend of April but I may need to stay later and be flying back on 4/30 or 5/1.

Weekend of May 14 is very iffy, schedule changed again.

It appears I am working weekends of May 21, May 28 (including Memorial Day) and June 4.

Nothing weekends after June 4 (June 11 and June 18) until school ends.

June 25 I fly to Hong Kong via Hawaii.

Edited by G. Host

• 1 month later...

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

The 3rd annual TBD Offseason Tailgate will be the weekend of June 17-19. The details are still being ironed out, but we are trying to put together a cookout at one of the local parks. Last year, we did the Inner Harbor cruise and the year before that, we just hung out at the Harbor. This year, we'll try something a bit different. Not to worry, there WILL be the obligatory trip to the Baltimore Improv on Saturday night. We've always had a great time there.

Guest PCharmin
They're still there.  The location has changed a bit (M&T Stadium is where Hammerjacks used to be), but they're still around.  Admittedly, it isn't quite the same anymore.

338487[/snapback]

They're still there.  The location has changed a bit (M&T Stadium is where Hammerjacks used to be), but they're still around.  Admittedly, it isn't quite the same anymore.

338487[/snapback]

Back in the day, it was pretty seedy down there where the stadium is now. But hammerjacks ROCKED, man. Great shows all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news, folks.

The Offseason Tailgate has been postponed due to scheduling difficulties. It is now scheduled to take place the weekend of July 15-17. I'm not sure about getting a picnic area for us for that weekend (lots of red tape dealing w/ Balt city and county parks depts), but if not, then we'll just do the "tailgate" down @ the Inner Harbor as we did 2 years ago.

More details to follow in the coming weeks.