Stevie Johnson: stay or go

The Big Cat

Another hash to settle  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills sever ties with Stevie? (cut/trade)

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He can be an overachieving #2 for us. That said, if his body language continues to be as bad as it has recently I might have to change my vote.

Body language? Just listen to him in interviews. no accountability for his mistakes. He seems like a nice guy, but it's time for him to go.

Body language? Just listen to him in interviews. no accountability for his mistakes. He seems like a nice guy, but it's time for him to go.

I don't put as much stock into his interviews as others. It's watching him pout and look disinterested at points in games that is disturbing to me. Sets a bad example for our young WR core.

Not arguing, just trying to understand. You're ok with him in a presser saying it's not his fault he fumbled, or that an INT didn't matter because it's early in the game, but you're concerned about his body language. Can you explain that? I don't see how one presents a bad example to young receivers and the other doesn't.

Not arguing, just trying to understand. You're ok with him in a presser saying it's not his fault he fumbled, or that an INT didn't matter because it's early in the game, but you're concerned about his body language. Can you explain that? I don't see how one presents a bad example to young receivers and the other doesn't.

What speaks louder? Action or words?

Also, I took his comment as him giving credit to the defender for making a good play rather than not owning up. I didn't see the INT comment. Can you provide an exact quote or a link?

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

that still doesn't answer my question. Actions typically speak louder than words. Not in every case. But you're telling me it's ok for maybe one of the "kid" WR's don't see his body language, but are standing near him and hear him avoid accountability for the plays. That's ok with you? Because now that persons only view of what happened are his words, not his actions.

that still doesn't answer my question. Actions typically speak louder than words. Not in every case. But you're telling me it's ok for maybe one of the "kid" WR's don't see his body language, but are standing near him and hear him avoid accountability for the plays. That's ok with you? Because now that persons only view of what happened are his words, not his actions.

His comments will be interpreted in whatever way it helps a specific person's agenda. If a team says they beat themselves (accountability), they're basically saying that the other team played no part in the win. Right?

Also, you don't need to put quotations on a word ("kid") to accentuate what i'm guessing is your point which is "that they're not kids" if I didn't use that word. That whole sentence was a nightmare by the way.

You know the bar has been set so low in the City of Buffalo for the last 15 years that just getting a thousand yards receiving which is about 65 yards per game or about 16 yards a quarter seems like a huge accomplishment.

I for one have grown tired of Stevies dog and pony show. trade him for whatever you can get for him.

Edited by oman128

His comments will be interpreted in whatever way it helps a specific person's agenda. If a team says they beat themselves (accountability), they're basically saying that the other team played no part in the win. Right?

I disagree with both parts of your post. But I don't see any outcome in a forthcoming debate wherein you'd agree with me, so...

there isn't an agenda when he says it wasn't his fault he fumbled, the other guy made a great play. That's denying accountability. Your job, hold onto the ball. His job? Strip the ball. Quite obviously the other guy was better at his job than SJ was at his. So just own up to that. " i messed up, it's my job to hold onto the football, i didn't. That's on me". And this isn't new for SJ, remember blaming God for losing the Steelers game? this guy won't own up to his mistakes, it's always someone else who did something better, or has it out for him.

I disagree with both parts of your post. But I don't see any outcome in a forthcoming debate wherein you'd agree with me, so...

Thanks for the input. You could be wrong about me but I guess we'll never know.

Well, you don't need to be double teamed by MarkAF43 and me. He's doing a fine job.

Disagreeing with my opinion, which you are, and not understanding my opinion, which he is, is not exactly the same thing. He wanted my reasoning. I gave it. He didn't like it... That's his problem.

Btw. He is doing a fine job. If his job is stating the same thing over and over.

No one said I didn't like it. That's a nice assumption but completely incorrect. Where have I said anything that I don't like your opinion? You seem to be getting pretty defensive when all I did was ask for you to explain your comment. Yes, in most cases actions speak louder than words. But that's not always the case, and I don't see how being ok with what he says but not with his body language makes sense, but that's just me.

No one said I didn't like it. That's a nice assumption but completely incorrect. Where have I said anything that I don't like your opinion? You seem to be getting pretty defensive when all I did was ask for you to explain your comment. Yes, in most cases actions speak louder than words. But that's not always the case, and I don't see how being ok with what he says but not with his body language makes sense, but that's just me.

I'm sorry but it's funny that you think I'm being defensive. I've had the Stevie fight on this board before. I understand people feel differently. I'm ok with it. Some people aren't.