Bucs interested in Travis, have the picks to offer

Bob4Bills

If they give it to us for Travis Henry, then my name is Hillary Clinton.

The odds are about equal.

210786[/snapback]

Nice to meet you, Hill. Hey, they need a RB. A young, bona fide starter vs. a 2nd is a pretty good option, IMO..

Nice to meet you, Hill. Hey, they need a RB. A young, bona fide starter vs. a 2nd is a pretty good option, IMO..

210794[/snapback]

The bothersome thing with both those articles was the source. Can you believe what TH is saying about his future? He wants to drum up interest any way he can. I would welcome a second round pick. I would rejoice. I don't think it's gonna happen though.

Yes, they do have a second round pick. If they give it to us for Travis Henry, then my name is Hillary Clinton.

The odds are about equal.

Try to separate the playa hating from the reality. There's a market for a guy like Travis and a 2nd rounder the least they'll probably get for him. And it's a good compromise for everyone since Travis gets to play in Florida and on grass, and the Bills get him out of the division and get a 2nd rounder.

I've been thinking the Bucs were the best bet to begin with. I think they'd be a very good fit, and I would happily draft Henry for my fantasy team next year.

All right Chucky, let's make this happen!

The Buc's are about 15 million over the cap right now. They'll have to restructure contracs for Greesie, Brooks, Alstot, and release Johnson. Then maybe they can try for Henry.

210857[/snapback]

Hey, if they don't do the restructuring and releasing you just wrote about, and sign a good running back, then they won't be at all competitive -- yes, that is what one should expect them to do.

The bothersome thing with both those articles was the source.  Can you believe what TH is saying about his future?  He wants to drum up interest any way he can.  I would welcome a second round pick.  I would rejoice.  I don't think it's gonna happen though.

210802[/snapback]

I understand where you're coming from, but really, do you think he's just BS-ing? I don't. The Bills allowed him to do the leg work for a possible trade. I'm sure he and his agent have been hitting the street non-stop ever since. I also believe that with the press he's generating from his search, if any of the teams he claims have expressed interest, really haven't, we'd have heard a response.

I understand where you're coming from, but really, do you think he's just BS-ing? I don't. The Bills allowed him to do the leg work for a possible trade. I'm sure he and his agent have been hitting the street non-stop ever since. I also believe that with the press he's generating from his search, if any of the teams he claims have expressed interest, really haven't, we'd have heard a response.

210862[/snapback]

Bob, here is what I think he is doing....just my opinion mind you.

You stated that the Bills gave HIM the right to seek a trade. In actuality this is true, but the task belongs to his agent.

I have represented many workers at the union level. Sometimes, I would have things worked out with supervisors before the actual grievance hearing. Then at the hearing, the employee, instead of shutting up and letting me do my job, would make an inflamatory statement and actually impede the process.

I think that Travis, not known for brains, should keep quiet and let his professional agent handle things. Makes sense, don't you think?

The bothersome thing with both those articles was the source.  Can you believe what TH is saying about his future?  He wants to drum up interest any way he can.  I would welcome a second round pick.  I would rejoice.  I don't think it's gonna happen though.

210802[/snapback]

Everyone said the same thing regarding getting a first for Price. "Why would we get a first? Atlanta knows we won't pay him that kind of money anyway."

:D

CW

Bob, here is what I think he is doing....just my opinion mind you.

.. employee, instead of shutting up and letting me do my job, would make an inflamatory statement and actually impede the process.

I think that Travis, not known for brains, should keep quiet and let his professional agent handle things. Makes sense, don't you think?

210916[/snapback]

yeah, Bill, it makes sense BUT this is Travis- not known for brains :D

I just think there's fire somewhere near this smoke..

Hey, if they don't do the restructuring and releasing you just wrote about, and sign a good running back, then they won't be at all competitive -- yes, that is what one should expect them to do.

210861[/snapback]

They dont know what they're going to do with Charlie Garner or Pittman, both still under contract, though I think Garners was a one year deal for 750K

210802[/snapback]

At this point, I think TD has set up a nice public situation for the Bills. Henry and his agent may be lying through their teeth about expressions of interest but the lie that there is multiple intersts in Henry is a good one to have out there and TD is not the one taking direct responsibilities for spreading them which leaves him free to play off multiple potential partners against each other has he tries to get a deal done.

As Badol pointed out yesterday a real rate limiting factor for TD in terms of getting a good value for Henry is that there appears to be a pretty big chunk of underclass RBs coming into the draft and forteams looking to fill the RB slot the draft option is a possibility in terms of getting this done. However, one good advantage which the Bills and TD have is that they need not wait until April to get a deal done and actually do not even have to wait for the clarity of who gets released into March 2 FA market to get a deal done and as soon as the SB is done if someone wants to give themselves some clarity and structure by acquiring Henry they can set the market and do the deal. Having multiple teams express some interest in providing value for Henry plays in the Bills favor.

If Henry's agent is lying through his teeth about Tampa Bay's specific interest who care's, Tampa knows this but probably won't say so publicly, because bad information eventually catches up with you, but for now it confuses Miami so they probably will not confirm or deny this. Even if they do deny this, then Miami has to ask whether TB is lying because they actually have an interest in TB and may be shining Maimi on to keep his value down and to limit competitive interest.

The best thing for the Bills is that even if Henry is lying, TD ain't and he can try to play off the action but not get the rap as a liaramong fellow GMs. Henry chatter is great for the Bills.

I agree, Sunny. All this hoopla is nothing but great news for TD. He'll turn all this into an EARLY second round pick.

This will also turn out nice for Travis, but he should shut the hell up now.

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBZLEYW44E.html

Tampa has a second rounder and wants TH.  :D

210782[/snapback]

wow, this would be a win win win for all parties involved.

for the bills: we would get a great draft pick. TBs got the 5th overall pick so that means the 37th pick for us...outstanding, hell their third (69th) wouldn't be terrible. not to mention that if TH turns his game up a notch, the chances of it biting us in the ass are less since we'd be moving him out of conference.

for TB: TH along with pittman would make an extremely formiddable rushing attack. and with the minor injury problems both those guys have, they would probably be covered to have at least one very good healthy back at all times. it really would be difficult for TB to draft a better back than TH with that pick who could also make an immediate iimpact. not to mention that pittmans contract has got to be nearing its end (he signed as a FA a couple years ago, probably a 3 year deal) so this bodes well for the very near future.

for TH: he would be in florida. in fact RJ stadium is one hour from where TH went to high school in Frostproof, FL so he would be playing pro ball in his backyard. that has got to be a nice thing for him. plus a natural grass stadium.

this trade seems to me to have real possibilities.

*** thanks to G. Host for the info

pittmans deal is actually thru 2006 so he is locked up but with TH on board they always will have the option to release him if he doesn't work out. he was a very good back late this year but has been inconsistant during his career and, afterall, the bucs were only 5-11 with him.

Edited by pm73