Not maximizing offensive capabilities

Big Turk

We have the personnel to spread teams out like last year and create space for our most dynamic player, Spiller and let Goodwin get matched up on a 3rd or 4th CB but yet we stick to close formations out of a shotgun...

Driving me crazy to watch this every week...

It's almost the same OLine from last year minus Levitre

Perish the thought that Ryan Fitzpatrick made them look better because he got the ball out of his hand before the plays developed. B-) Or that Chan Gailey was a better than average NFL OC, a position that got downgraded as well.

PS: Look I'm not saying that spreading the field and having a QB with an itchy trigger finger wouldn't look better. On the other hand, I saw Fitzpatrick threw balls to open defenders the other day and it didn't make me want to pine for those lost glory days in the slightest. But, with a "slow eyes" QB, jail breaks up front, a solution of spreading the field on top of it just doesn't sound like a way to improve. What happened to all the talk about developing a smash-up running game? I understand it's hard to market OL and all.

Marrones specialty is o-line and it is regressing. We play a vanilla offensive scheme to begin with and with a rookie QB 14 games in instead of advancing the scheme Marrone and Hackett are dialing back.

We have one of the most explosive running backs when in space yet the offensive shcheme does not take advantage of this ability.

This has been the most healthy team this late into the season and we are playing some of the worst football over the last 15 years.

Perish the thought that Ryan Fitzpatrick made them look better because he got the ball out of his hand before the plays developed. B-) Or that Chan Gailey was a better than average NFL OC, a position that got downgraded as well.

PS: Look I'm not saying that spreading the field and having a QB with an itchy trigger finger wouldn't look better. On the other hand, I saw Fitzpatrick threw balls to open defenders the other day and it didn't make me want to pine for those lost glory days in the slightest. But, with a "slow eyes" QB, jail breaks up front, a solution of spreading the field on top of it just doesn't sound like a way to improve. What happened to all the talk about developing a smash-up running game? I understand it's hard to market OL and all.

Ding, ding & ding.

I don't understand why more people don't connect the dots. It was widely understood the past few years that Fitz had the OLine looking way better than they were. Anyone not expecting a dropoff there wasn't paying attention.

Ding, ding & ding.

I don't understand why more people don't connect the dots. It was widely understood the past few years that Fitz had the OLine looking way better than they were. Anyone not expecting a dropoff there wasn't paying attention.

I was a Fitz fan for a while, but he did not have a very good year last year. However, I always thought his quick release and a reasonable level of pocket awareness were assets. Unfortunately, his long wind-up, accuracy issues, and the lack of zip on his passes were weaknesses that made him unsuitable as a starting NFL QB. Not to mention his habit of end-of-game drive killing interceptions.

Inferior college level coaching staff = inferior NFL team.

Period!

What 25-25 vs the Big East & non- conference games vs the MAC isn't a great record, on par with Chip Kelly?

The exhaustive 8 day coaching search was well, exhaustive. The Bills private jet expense was getting a little too high, so Littman called them back to WNY & had them drive down I-90 to hire a guy who wouldn't say no to the job.

Maybe that's the problem, we should want the guy who will say No, & like we did to Mario rake him over the coal till he says Yes.

Edited by NFL95MelGrayDomination

What 25-25 vs the Big East & non- conference games vs the MAC isn't a great record, on par with Chip Kelly?

The exhaustive 8 day coaching search was well, exhaustive. The Bills private jet expense was getting a little too high, so Littman called them back to WNY & had them drive down I-90 to hire a guy who wouldn't say no to the job.

Maybe that's the problem, we should want the guy who will say No, & like we did to Mario rake him over the coal till he says Yes.

Lol I love it