possibly the best player in the NFL this year

dave mcbride

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously if Rivers is having a good year, so are his receivers.... is this a joke post? He's still throwing to unproven guys and Gates is old. That's why he's in the running for MVP. He doesn't have "super star" receivers and he's playing to the levels of guy's that do.

No joke. Why do you harp on Gates's age? It is having no affect on his performance, so why bring it up? His receivers are proving themselves well. Others are doing more with less. Your argument is not convincing.

No joke. Why do you harp on Gates's age? It is having no affect on his performance, so why bring it up? His receivers are proving themselves well. Others are doing more with less. Your argument is not convincing.

Who is doing more with less? All you argued is that chicken-or-egg scenario, implying that his receivers are putting up good numbers, and that somehow invalidates Rivers' numbers. Show me one guy who is throwing to rookies/nobodies and a middling TE that is 33 years old, that is producing numbers like Rivers. Just one.

Tom Brady? Sorry, he's got 5 less TD's on the season, with only 1 less pick and ~500 yards less. Brady also has 5 fumbles, Rivers has 0.

Your argument hence is, "Nope, his rookie WR's are playing well." That's not just not-convincing, it's invalid.

Edited by FireChan

I have always wondered how he flies so under the radar? The west coast drawing a lack of attention?

Eli gets toasted and roasted weekly. Brees is a stud. Dalton gets a lot of love. But Rivers get nothing. He is a very solid game manager that plays QB very well. I always hoped Fitz would get to Rivers level.

I would take rivers over either dalton or eli in a second.