SHould Bills fans rag a guy we r tryn to get top $

Folks seem to be pouring it on the relatively easy pickings of Henry apparently making a claim he is a top 5 back.

I think these posts are dumb in that not only is this like catching fish in a barrel to try to combat this claim, but one can only hope that no one who makes real decisions on this reads or is influenced by TSW because raggin on Henry's value actually hurts the Bills efforts to maximiz trade value for him.

I actually thank the mighty one that my and the other comments in TSW have little or no effect on the real world. It is clear that many media types read this board and you did see comments in articles which reference hometown fans taking a certain position that seems based in the media's review of TSW.

It is clear that while many GMs follow their own minds on decisions regardless of what the media says (thank you TD for ignoring the puindits regarding Willis and thank you for ignoring the many comments on TSW which referred to Sam Adams as a far tub of goo when you were signing him) that there can be come pundit impact on moves if only to scare off a potential trade partner.

One of the great things about TSW is that if really is a community where there is some good football debate. However, the pouring on that is occuring on the top 5 comment is a long way from debate, takes this comment in the light of football analysis where it is easy pickings rather than taking it in the perspective of it bein negotiating hyperbole which is par for the course or an expression of where Henry thinks his talents lie if he is used the way he wants rather than a statistically true statement after he gained 300 yards this year.

At least if you are going to comment on this then do so in at least some semi-rational light or perspective for this comment.

In the end, I usually hope that somebody out there important is making use of TSW. This episode of shooting fish in a barrel actually makes me hope nobody who does anything real with the trade issue is paying the least bit of attention to what we say.

now I'm glad that I don't ever bother reading your 19 page posts.

I mean, seriously, man - I can barely stand to read the stuff I write....You think TD and MM are sitting cheek to cheek at a monitor waiting for the next "Travis Sucks" post.

209803[/snapback]

I think he is saying that he is glad they don't.....

now I'm glad that I don't ever bother reading your 19 page posts.

I mean, seriously, man - I can barely stand to read the stuff I write....You think TD and MM are sitting cheek to cheek at a monitor waiting for the next "Travis Sucks" post.

209803[/snapback]

Dude, Travis Brown does not suck. The guy has played pretty well in his limited action at QB. It's those damn injuries holding my man back!