Bills' Blackout Threats Are a Joke

patfitz

Niagara Falls, NY or Batavia, NY are good places for the Buffalo Bills.

I don't think either of those are options because Niagara County and Genesee County have less money than Erie County does. Those counties could not afford their percentage of funding for a stadium.

If it wasn't a money issue, I would agree that moving closer towards Rochester makes sense. If the Bills were 1/2 hour drive from Buffalo and 1/2 hour drive from Rochester, they could draw equally well from both markets. If you combined greater Rochester area and greater Buffalo area, it would be a much larger market for football than it currently is and I think the team's small market woes would be history.

You could more easily sell the box seats and club seats too. Rochester is currently considered part of the Bills' market depending on who you ask. I know from having worked in Rochester and having family there that there is a lot of room for growth there. A lot of Rochester residents favor other NFL teams because the Bills' are just a little bit too far away for it to feel like their home team.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a quick check just to give you a feel for the difference between Erie County and Genesee County.

Erie County's total budget for 2013 was $1.375 billion. Genesee county's proposed 2014 budget is $144 million.

There is no way Genesee County could afford to build a stadium. It ain't happening. 99% of the funds for a stadium would have to come from outside Genesee County.

Not only that, Genesee county probably couldn't even afford the road infrastructure improvements that would need to be made in order for a stadium to be built. Even that money would probably have to come from the state.

There are 919,000 people in Erie County. There are 60,000 people in Genesee County. The money simply isn't there. The money would have to come from outside sources - and that isn't going to happen. Politicians from Erie County have a lot more statewide political pull than politicians from little old rural Genesee County.

Yes...grievous error in evaluation that; at least they made a change relatively early in the season.

Hoping they corral a passable alternative in the off-season. I mean, the LG doesn't need to be an all-pro playing between Wood and Glenn, so a mid-tier FA or 3rd round pick would probably suffice.

The left guard spot did not get much better with Legursky taking over. I watch the replays every week, they really screwed EJ with that Levitre move. If you don't believe me keep your eyes on the LG turnstile against Miami. Running or passing, its a glaring weakness.

I did a quick check just to give you a feel for the difference between Erie County and Genesee County.

Erie County's total budget for 2013 was $1.375 billion. Genesee county's proposed 2014 budget is $144 million.

There is no way Genesee County could afford to build a stadium. It ain't happening. 99% of the funds for a stadium would have to come from outside Genesee County.

Not only that, Genesee county probably couldn't even afford the road infrastructure improvements that would need to be made in order for a stadium to be built. Even that money would probably have to come from the state.

There are 919,000 people in Erie County. There are 60,000 people in Genesee County. The money simply isn't there. The money would have to come from outside sources - and that isn't going to happen. Politicians from Erie County have a lot more statewide political pull than politicians from little old rural Genesee County.

Ralph Wilson is CHEAP!!