Broncos' OL walks away from game

bills44

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does everybody feel about Barry Sanders, btw? He took a signing bonus from the team then walked out on them when he decided it was clear they weren't committed to winning... He did this in the offseason, but it still tarnishes his legacy a bit.

I think it does tarnish his legacy a bit, but in the end people remember him as one of the best, if not the best, running backs ever to play the game. But he was right. The team was not committed to winning.

I think it does tarnish his legacy a bit, but in the end people remember him as one of the best, if not the best, running backs ever to play the game. But he was right. The team was not committed to winning.

No doubt, on all accounts.

Here's one thing: the guy obviously left something on the table. I hate the idea, but if he had ended up on the Patriots, for one, he'd have three rings, and they might have won more.

That the guy carried his team to the playoffs as often as he did under Wayne Fontes and Bobby Ross is nothing short of amazing.

Caveat emptor. Buyer beware. That applies to a team paying signing bonuses the same as it applies to a fan buying season tickets or PSLs.

When you translate the Latin phrase immediately after writing said Latin phrase, there's just something lost.