Bryce Petty (QB, Baylor) - Get him.

BringBackFergy

I have changed my opinion. Johnny Football is acceptable, but Bryce Petty looks like the real deal. Height, size, speed, accuracy, football smarts. Has a strong arm. Surprisingly, McShay and Kiper concentrate on Bridgewater and Mariota and Manziel but no one pays any attention to this kid. Bryce Petty for Buffalo QB - Second Round. Go for it. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480746/bryce-petty

I have changed my opinion. Johnny Football is acceptable, but Bryce Petty looks like the real deal. Height, size, speed, accuracy, football smarts. Has a strong arm. Surprisingly, McShay and Kiper concentrate on Bridgewater and Mariota and Manziel but no one pays any attention to this kid. Bryce Petty for Buffalo QB - Second Round. Go for it. http://espn.go.com/c...746/bryce-petty

Haven't seen him yet but looking forward to it Thursday.

Man-ziel is still the guy I would get if possible, he really has improved his pocket passing and reading defenses and according to his coach is the most competitive player he has ever been around. To me that is the one great factor that gets overlloked in QBs all the great ones have it (Manning) and just talented ones don't (Leaf, not comparing Bryce to him)

Don't get all the hype for Bridgewater, he is very small framed with descent arm but reminds me a lot of AJ McCarron and Aaron Murray who are good just not Elite.

Mariota does seem like a player but haven't payed too much attention to him so not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Bryce Petty is slowly getting National attention. Just saw his name as Heisman candidate (behind Manziel and Mariota). His play has been phenomenal and has finally shown he can play with the big dogs. He's not a flashy kid, but his production is impressive. A pure thrower. His interview was great on ESPN. He was heavily recruited and gonna be the Tennessee QB and then Lane Kiffin came in and decided to go with his own choice. So Petty decided to go somewhere where he could start...Baylor. Meanwhile, Lane Kiffin leaves quickly to go to USC and is now terminated. I bet the Vol fans are more than a little pissed off at Kiffin for kicking Petty to the road.

Bryce Petty is slowly getting National attention. Just saw his name as Heisman candidate (behind Manziel and Mariota). His play has been phenomenal and has finally shown he can play with the big dogs. He's not a flashy kid, but his production is impressive. A pure thrower. His interview was great on ESPN. He was heavily recruited and gonna be the Tennessee QB and then Lane Kiffin came in and decided to go with his own choice. So Petty decided to go somewhere where he could start...Baylor. Meanwhile, Lane Kiffin leaves quickly to go to USC and is now terminated. I bet the Vol fans are more than a little pissed off at Kiffin for kicking Petty to the road.

I'm a Big Blake Bortles fan from UCF, but haven't heard anything about him coming out.

If EJ flames out maybe we can grab Christian Hackenberg out of Penn St. in 3 years.

Here is some more info on Petty:

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/baylor-s-bryce-petty-system-quarterback-or-top-flight-prospect.html

on pace for more than 4,400 yards passing this season

15-1 TD to interception ratio

Briles’ starting quarterbacks have averaged over 300 yards passing per game and completed over 65 percent of their passes. With those numbers in mind, Petty is performing well above the mean this season by averaging nearly 340 yards passing per contest and completing over 71 percent of his passes….Baylor’s 93rd rated strength of schedule ranks three slots ahead of Louisville’s highly criticized 96th rated strength of schedule (Teddy Bridgewater)

QB guy at DraftTek: "Petty is a system QB for Baylor and does not have the arm to complete the deep out in the NFL"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.