DTJay Ross Released and WR Cordell Roberson signed to PS

Correct -- those guys can't return --

Anyone know what his injury was ? -- I saw him at training camp walking around the field both days I was there --- he was walking very gingerly --- maybe he had some type of surgery in offseason

Ding! Never recovered enough to get on the field.

Who is taking Ross' spot on the roster? Streeter?

I think I figured it out.

Dixon is going to be brought up to fill the vacant roster spot. The Bills are going to employ a new version of the wishbone, with Tuel at QB, and Lewis, Flynn, and Dixon all in the backfield, spread out and lined up 5 yards behind Tuel. Tuel takes the snap and pitches to one of the other QBs to throw it down the field. KC is never going to know where to send the blitz. They keep tossing it to each other, behind the line of scrimmage until one of the 2 RBs/WRs get open.

Bills 77 - KC 13. Hackett looks like a genius and is hired as Green Bays head coach next year.

So, who is this new guy?

http://www.panthersgab.com/2013/10/03/cordell-roberson-added-to-practice-squad-another-possible-weapon-for-cam-co/

Info on Roberson:

Finished career at Stephen F. Austin University (2009-12) as the school’s all-time leader in receptions (221), receiving yards (3,191) and touchdown catches (39)… His 39 touchdown receptions also set a Southland Conference record… Recorded 77 receptions for 1,006 yards and 10 touchdowns in nine games as a senior. (via clevelandbrowns)

Via Gil Brandt:

“Roberson — who was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine — ran the 40-yard dash in 4.54 seconds with the wind and 4.69 seconds against the wind. He had a 33 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-3 broad jump. He posted a time of 4.62 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.37 seconds in the three-cone drill. He also performed nine lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Roberson — who is Stephen F. Austin’s all-time leading receiver — had a very good workout…”

Via Tom Reed:

“Roberson has made plays in both preseason games, catching a 26-yard touchdown in the opener…” Roberson made the 26-yard TD grab against St. Louis.

“The rookie from Jefferson, Texas, (population: 2,101) has good size (6-4, 205), but his route running and attention to detail must improve by his own admission. Last season, Roberson was the Lumberjacks’ version of Gordon, the deep-threat option who now must prove he can run all the patterns at this level.

“He’s a big-bodied guy that can go get the ball and I think that he’s had a good camp,” offensive coordinator Norv Turner said. “Like most young guys, he’s had some inconsistencies in terms of learning a new system, but when he knows what to do he’s been really good.”

Via Jeff D. Gorman:

“The Cleveland Browns announced four player cuts today on Twitter.

Wide receiver Cordell Roberson was the most notable name on the list. He recovered an onside kick during the Browns’ 27-6 loss to Indianapolis on Saturday night.

However, the rookie from Stephen F. Austin State dropped a pass on the Browns’ ensuing drive.”

Hey, for you guys who wanted Josh Gordon, they mention this guy as "the Lumberjacks’ version of Gordon".

But then, I was excited that scouts called DaRick Rogers a Julio Jones clone.

I wish somebody could explain why they would bring in another wide receiver, and they have never let Easley play. Is Easley that bad? Is he unable to learn the playbook? I get it that he is an ace on special teams, but come on, if you need more receivers then why doesn't he get on the field? Even Tasker was given a few offensive snaps every so often, especially when injuries took out the starters.

I wish somebody could explain why they would bring in another wide receiver, and they have never let Easley play. Is Easley that bad? Is he unable to learn the playbook? I get it that he is an ace on special teams, but come on, if you need more receivers then why doesn't he get on the field? Even Tasker was given a few offensive snaps every so often, especially when injuries took out the starters.

That is mystifying to me as well.

When Easley played in pre-season, wasn't he hustling and fighting for the ball when he got a chance on offense???

He is a great gunner, but that should not preclude a chance to make a few catches in a real game

Mystifying...