Interesting stats show Bills with good offense, poor defense

Good point, running the no huddle has Buffalo at the top of the League in the amount of possessions which also equates to our opponent having more possessions against us.

Everything goes up...

Everything is magnified. Instead of a 24-17 game, it's a 27-20 or 24-20 game. A couple more scores in each game.

This bring me back to the questions about the Hurry Up and injuries. I don't care what people say, there may not be more injuries, but this team is going to be worn out if they make the playoffs. More wear and tear per game IS happening.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is magnified. Instead of a 24-17 game, it's a 27-20 or 24-20 game. A couple more scores in each game.

This bring me back to the questions about the Hurry Up and injuries. I don't care what people say, there may not be more injuries, but this team is going to be worn out if they make the playoffs. More wear and tear per game IS happening.

Good point :thumbsup:

As far as how many drives etc, so what? Giving up points for a D is bad. Stopping the other team from scoring points is good. We need to stop more and give up less.

So no matter how many attempts an offense has against a defense, a good defense should stop them every time? Wouldn't it only be logical that the more attempts they have, the more time they have to figure out the defenses weakness's. Also the more time the defense has on the field the more opportunities there is for a mistake. And yes good defenses and defenders occasionally make mistakes.

I think that unless your offense is better than the opponents, the Hurry Up works against you, because it is offering the opposing offense more opportunities as well. Unless your offense is scoring often, or at least accumulating more ToP than the opponents offense, then it's going to wear out your own defense more than the opponents (and isn't fatiguing the opposing defense one of the main benefits proponents of the Hurry Up claim?).

Until your offense is really running on all cylinders, it's not to your advantage to run the Hurry Up.

This Bills offense...not running on all cylinders.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Running hurry up or not.

Its just a method of play. When well excecuted ( ? ) it has some benefits. Such as the obvious , no defensive subs.

But it is the preperation by coaches and by the team both physical and mental that has any method or style of play work to the Advantage. The practice situation was announced back in camp. high paced heavy workload. Mentioned many times.

Hackett is running his offense. and its challenging to dial in . As mentioned the injuries and lack of execution by young players has slowed the development of the offense.

The defense is coming along much quicker but i think the talent level is higher and having strong Exp in Pettine

Running hurry up or not.

Its just a method of play. When well excecuted ( ? ) it has some benefits. Such as the obvious , no defensive subs.

But it is the preperation by coaches and by the team both physical and mental that has any method or style of play work to the Advantage. The practice situation was announced back in camp. high paced heavy workload. Mentioned many times.

Hackett is running his offense. and its challenging to dial in . As mentioned the injuries and lack of execution by young players has slowed the development of the offense.

The defense is coming along much quicker but i think the talent level is higher and having strong Exp in Pettine

This offense isn't running well enough to gain the advantage in wearing out a defense, and it's putting undue strain on their own defense. Maybe when EJ (or Thad for that matter) and the receivers have mastered more of the playbook, and the offense is a well oiled machine, then maybe can they properly exploit the Hurry Up, but right now it's hurting the defense.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

So no matter how many attempts an offense has against a defense, a good defense should stop them every time? Wouldn't it only be logical that the more attempts they have, the more time they have to figure out the defenses weakness's. Also the more time the defense has on the field the more opportunities there is for a mistake. And yes good defenses and defenders occasionally make mistakes.

I don't know. Logically what you say makes sense. However if you look at the last 2 games our D has got smoked in the first half and played darn near shut out football in the 2nd half. Gave up 14 to Fish in 1st half and 7 in second half. Similar output to Bungles game. I would think if the D was suffering from being out there more often, it would play worse in the 2nd half, not better.

I don't care what kind of defense you are or how long you're on the field, you can't give up a 99 yard drive in the 2nd quarter and a 78 yard drive in the last minute of the half. That can't happen, That's not cause they're out there more drives per game, it's because they didn't get the job done. Period. 2nd quarter. Too early to be tired from all those extra possessions.

Stop making excuses for your defense. They're not playing good enough to win consistently. A few good games and a few bad games. Same goes with the offense and kicking teams.

I don't know. Logically what you say makes sense. However if you look at the last 2 games our D has got smoked in the first half and played darn near shut out football in the 2nd half. Gave up 14 to Fish in 1st half and 7 in second half. Similar output to Bungles game. I would think if the D was suffering from being out there more often, it would play worse in the 2nd half, not better.

I don't care what kind of defense you are or how long you're on the field, you can't give up a 99 yard drive in the 2nd quarter and a 78 yard drive in the last minute of the half. That can't happen, That's not cause they're out there more drives per game, it's because they didn't get the job done. Period. 2nd quarter. Too early to be tired from all those extra possessions.

Stop making excuses for your defense. They're not playing good enough to win consistently. A few good games and a few bad games. Same goes with the offense and kicking teams.

I agree that the consistency hasn't been there and have certainly yelled at the TV when they have given up quite a few third and longs. I just think stats don't tell the the whole story sometimes. Are they a dominant defense? No, not yet, I think they are building into a nice defense but like my opinion on the offense they need to execute better. Limit mistakes and get off the field when the odds say they should.

Not only that Wayne, sometimes our opponents Offense makes good plays.

There's always room for improvement, but our D in my opinion has been playing their collective buns off to help Buffalo stay afloat in the AFC East.